Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

2 GAS or not to GAS?

filtnineee

Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
Members Ride
VS commodore series 2
ive just booked my car to go to duel fuel on the 27th of october through parnell.
though if your looking to book it in, you will be very lucky to get it done before decemeber. just dont get it done by some back yarder. if there charging u less then 2000 to fit it, then there cutting corners. i even have a gold 98 power chip and it wont effect anything as gas has its own computer system. so gas on i say

NVE_069

Reaction score
Members Ride
Wh Statesman LS1
i heard on the new that gas wll go up within the next 12 years too about 50/53c an thay cant put it up no more. but thay do say one thing an do another

Cheap6

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Exec
Yes, there will be an excise imposed on LPG, which is currently excise free. The total excise will remain lower than that on petrol and diesel. It will be phased in over a few years. Can't recall when it starts but 2.5 cpl/yr over 2007-2011 rings a bell = total 12.5cpl. Have to check and get back. (This excise has been legislated for a couple of years. It is not something new in response to rising fuel prices. Well not recent ones anyway :) ). (Ethanol is also included.)

The price for LPG (prior to excise) is determined in a different market to petrol/diesel. Some of it is derived from a barrel of oil (the rest is from natural gas) so it will tend to follow petrol/diesel prices somewhat. Also, if more people, worldwide, start to use it, the price will rise. I would suggest that it will always cost less than petrol/diesel at Australian pumps, else there will be no incentive to use it.

Cheap6

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Exec
OK. Just checked. Excise was to have been introduced in 2008, now 2011. Still 2.5cpl/yr to total of 12.5cpl.

K

kim_08

I have a v6 vs ex and ive just got a conversion done she runs great! cheap as!! im saving as much as 35 bucks a week which i love!! in the long run works out great. You only loose a little bit of power for me doesnt really bother me as i only need to get from a to b. i say go for gas.

V

VS1Tonner

fuel = power

gas tanks have a life of 10 years roughly dont they?
i was thinkin about goin gas myself :D

V

VS1Tonner

it wouldn't worry me if it took a year to recover the expense, as i hate seeing my money go to fuel stations, i'd rather give them 40 cents p/l than $1.30c p/l
they dont need anymore money

slowr8

Reaction score
Members Ride
vtII Clubsport M6
Well if you look at the website, it says it will take a year at 80c a litre.

WTF?!?!?!?!?!?!??!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!??!?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well I think I know which I prefer.

GAS that cuts the time to get back donwn to what??? 8 mnths?? :my: :b: :ranting: :flame: :mad: :drink: I know what I would rather spend the money on.... :

P

petwoofer

Does anyone have any idea how long your valve seats [ non stellite ] last after going to gas

HyperVR

Reaction score
Members Ride
95 VR V6 S2
haha i just thought i would put my experience in i bought my 95 VR V6 around 5 months ago and in the past 3 months it has backfired 3 times on gas first time ripped the airbox lid in half lol and then i got new lid looked tough as nails then it backfired again 1 month later cracked the new lid spoke to some dodgey mechanic and he said it was cos my leads were covered in "brake" dust which will make the engine misfire so cleaned them off and the spark plugs it made the car idle way more stable seemed to anyways but then 1 month later i was right outside flinders street station at 4pm and put my foot down lil too fast and BANG scared the SHXX out of a few people on side of the road haha and all this is happening im pretty sure cos i aint got her serviced since i bought it had no time :( and my new airbox lid is completly stuffed and one clip ripped off the box im about to install a CAI then get her serviced till then im being VERY gentle running on gas lol but she goes like a rocket on petrol and yes u can feel teh difference on gas but just a lil :p (hope i dont get flamed for my long almost pointless post)