Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

2 gauge fuse

Dan_VX_Spac

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Berlina LS1
Ok now i purchased a 2 gauge amplifier kit. Run all the wires then i notices that the fuse has a 2 gauge input and seperates into 2 4 gauge outlets. I also got another fuse which has both 4 gauge input and output.

Is there a 2 gauge i and ouptut i can get or should i just seperate it to 4 gauge? Also should i sit the fuse under the bonnet or is it ok to sit it in the boot?

StoneX

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais-V 6.0L
Main power fuse MUST go near the battery.

I don't understand the rest of your post.

Dan_VX_Spac

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Berlina LS1
The main power fuse from the battery has 1 x 2 gauge and 2 x 4 gauge. I thought it was suppose to be 2 gauge on both sides of the fuse

axemurderer101

Reaction score
Website
forums.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
VY SS
that sounds like the distribution block to me, you would use that if you were fitting 2 amps so 1 4gauge would go to 1 amp and the other 4gauge to the other. what brand kit is it?

Dan_VX_Spac

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Berlina LS1
Its aeropro i thnk. The other fuse it looks like just has 2 4 gauge sockets. I got all 2 gauge cable but yeah it just doesnt look right.

holdenboy

Custom Car Stereo Systems
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Wagon
Use the 1 x input - 1 x output fuseholder for the main fuse near the battery.

The fused distribution block (1x2AWG - 4 x 4AWG) to split the power cable in the boot to run two amps. The other non fused distribution block is for the earths. Run both earth cables from each amp to the D.B. then out of it to earth.

Dan_VX_Spac

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Berlina LS1
Cheers for all the help but im lookin for a main fuse. One that sits under the bonnet to have 2 gauge input and outlet. I have looken on ryda website and seen some on there. Its just that the main fuse with this kit has 4 gauge input and 4 gauge outlet i just got confused as i purchased a 2 gauge wiring kit and the cable didnt fit in the outlet