Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

2 L67 Inlet manifold questions

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
but that could be fixed by ether using the us heads with it and fuel rail or port the inlet manifold and heads to be same

No

anyway enough about losh's old 3.8ltr immortality and R_J_K_ what are you're thought's on my project?

What you are trying to do simply won't work, twin chargers has been done but you will need a custom manifold. IIRC there was a write up in the NZV8 mag with a similar setup to what you imagine.

Brysha89

Reaction score
Members Ride
WM Statesman L98 6.0ltr
i intend to have a custom inlet manifold made for it read my first post and my first post on second page

Brysha89

Reaction score
Members Ride
WM Statesman L98 6.0ltr
if the custom inlet manifold was made is it plausible remember the twin S/C is for low rpm once the twin turbo's kick in they will get negated im sure of, doing this because it id far cheaper to repair a m90 opposed to a tvs2650 for the l98 and they are far cheaper to replace and to find just a 2nd hand l98 s/c is less than finding a l67 m90

_R_J_K_

Reaction score
Members Ride
Zenki S14
R_J_K_ what are you're thought's on my project?

If you're serious about it being a drag car you'd just go for a properly sized twin or single turbo. The twin charging adds too much complexity (in all aspects of fabrication/setup/tuning) with marginal gain, with current turbo technology and that much displacement lag is not really going to be the problem you think it is. That and you should really be factoring what cam you'll use into all of this.

Last edited:

Immortality

Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
OP, have you ever watched a turbo car stage on a drag strip? Twin charge for a street car is one thing but when you are sitting on the starting line and you control when you stage and bump in lag and spooling time isn't a problem.

Brysha89

Reaction score
Members Ride
WM Statesman L98 6.0ltr
cam im not too sure of ATM am thinking a quite aggressive one, drag car? one day R_J_K_ ! yes i have a l98 Wm statesman but i also have a l98 with a bent rod picked it up cheap from a friend, so i nearly have enough saved for a full engine rebuild kit LSX have them at nearly $1600 then get the block striped and ready for chem clean & hone no car yet statesman i think might be too heavy opposed to the commodore for time down a drag strip. The set up side of things well it will use a l98 supercharger fuel rail as the base of the design i drew of the envisioned inlet manifold incorporates the same style used in the l98 supercharger inlet manifold base would have to just upgrade the injectors. As far as wiring goes was thinking take off the throttle body for the l67 and attach ones from a le0 or ly7 for the fly by wire system then wire it into the one that is meant to go to the l98 supercharger and lastly tuning bah they can figure that out lol

Brysha89

Reaction score
Members Ride
WM Statesman L98 6.0ltr
i have watched drags plenty of times immortality but want something different and new haven't seen a twin l67 S/c LS series with Twin Turbo before

_R_J_K_

Reaction score
Members Ride
Zenki S14
cam im not too sure of ATM am thinking a quite aggressive one, drag car? one day R_J_K_ ! yes i have a l98 Wm statesman but i also have a l98 with a bent rod picked it up cheap from a friend, so i nearly have enough saved for a full engine rebuild kit LSX have them at nearly $1600 then get the block striped and ready for chem clean & hone no car yet statesman i think might be too heavy opposed to the commodore for time down a drag strip. The set up side of things well it will use a l98 supercharger fuel rail as the base of the design i drew of the envisioned inlet manifold incorporates the same style used in the l98 supercharger inlet manifold base would have to just upgrade the injectors. As far as wiring goes was thinking take off the throttle body for the l67 and attach ones from a le0 or ly7 for the fly by wire system then wire it into the one that is meant to go to the l98 supercharger and lastly tuning bah they can figure that out lol

I don't understand, well I don't understand any of this post, but did you not say drag in your first post? Whatever you think wiring is, that's not it, and leaving problems to tuners with no goal is a good way to eat up money and tuning time real fast.

Gonna be watching this one with anticipation...

i have watched drags plenty of times immortality but want something different and new haven't seen a twin l67 S/c LS series with Twin Turbo before

Probably a good reason for that. Not having a dig but you should look at why other people don't/haven't done that.

Brysha89

Reaction score
Members Ride
WM Statesman L98 6.0ltr
now talking about tuning it and end goals are way off topic also (Quote: This is for the the purpose of getting a price to fabricate a duel into one for a l98 to see if it's fessable for me to do, For my plan is to put twin L67's both running 20psi plus twin turbo for a drag engine i'd like to build/Quote) so just drag engine not car but end results would want it to have a little over 1000hp but be verry quick from start of RPM to max RPM also want to do thing different with the twin l67 on top

Immortality

Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
An M90 won't make 20psi on a 3800 V6 and very much doubt a pair would make 20psi on a L98 and at those sort of boost levels the M90 is fairly inefficient and produce a lot of heat.....

...there probably is a reason you haven't seen that setup on a LS type engine.

Don't take this the wrong way but I'd suggest a little more research.