Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

2 VE test vehicles spotted today poor quality pics

ucwepn

America just kicked in yo
Reaction score
Website
www.darkcold.com
Members Ride
WH statesman 5.7
The front one was an SS for sure, it was black and looked exactly the same as that bluey silver SS pic. Not too sure on the rear one. they were both 4 doors and had generic wheels or the wheels were painted black so they wouldn't stand out. SS had black tape over the guard vents.

Stretchomatic

Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
86 VL Berlina M5
i reckon if holden just took all the masking off we wouldn't even realise...they could just cruise around inconspicuously...(shifty eyes)

Full Spectrum

Bro it's a VW your Audi!
Reaction score
Website
www.news.com.au
Members Ride
Berlina V6
After a 10th look SS (black) and Executive (silver). They sit so different on the road the silver looks like a arrow low front high rear not the black one flat and lower.

VS Omega

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Commodore Omega
big_stretch said:
i reckon if holden just took all the masking off we wouldn't even realise...they could just cruise around inconspicuously...(shifty eyes)

They'll never do that again, they left a blue VZ SV6 parked outside somewhere thinking it was safe (mind you VZ hadn't been shown to the public yet), the only reason the person who took the pics thought something was up because it was a colour that wasn't on the VY, and upon closer inspection realised what they found and snap snap snap!

SSV8pilot

Reaction score
Members Ride
SSV- Manual Redhot
SlickHolden said:
After a 10th look SS (black) and Executive (silver). They sit so different on the road the silver looks like a arrow low front high rear not the black one flat and lower.

Just picking up on your observation, and having relooked at the pics...I agree the silver one looks more arrow in its shape (low front, high rear). Given that - my guess that would be more akin to a sportier model eg SS.

blackahcdx

Reaction score
i say the black one is a sports model and the silver one is the "calais" that we already have lots of pics of (inc interior shots). Look at the was the front end is covered up, and the colour, and the wheels, all the same, the reason it looks statesmanish is because of the way the C pillar is taped up.

Full Spectrum

Bro it's a VW your Audi!
Reaction score
Website
www.news.com.au
Members Ride
Berlina V6
SSV8pilot said:
Just picking up on your observation, and having relooked at the pics...I agree the silver one looks more arrow in its shape (low front, high rear). Given that - my guess that would be more akin to a sportier model eg SS.
I wonder what they with the Low front high rear? It's started with the VY. I dont mind it but the girls on the Ford Forum say it's a tractor high rear.

ucwepn

America just kicked in yo
Reaction score
Website
www.darkcold.com
Members Ride
WH statesman 5.7
may be testing different shock/spring combinations. Could be high to accomodate sensors? Or just could be high because its new (springs sag over time) Or it could be because of the new location of the fuel tank that the weight is more centralised making the back sit higher. When the VB was unveiled back in 78 Peter Hanenberger (spelling?) decided that the back looked too high so he trotted off to the servo with 2 large jerry cans and brought them back to the car for the unveiling.

blackahcdx

Reaction score
Someone on LS1.com.au spotted two VE's and a Captiva up in the blue mountains late yesterday, have the day off work, might go for a drive with the camera

Steven M

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX BERLINA S2 V6
Well yeah I just got back from Melb yesty arvo, and I also spotted the silver one on the Monash Fwy, it was covered up front and rear. It was behind me when I saw it and when I turned off I realised it was the new VE.