Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

20" wheels. ve sv6 ute

jasons sv6

jason
Reaction score
Members Ride
ve ute sv6
hey all,
this is my first day on JC. Any way i am very unsure of what rims to get fo my baby.
i dont know if i want chrome or just mags. any suggestions?
here is a pic if it helps.

thank you

Attachments

• 2010_0519pics0229.JPG
    2010_0519pics0229.JPG
    42.1 KB · Views: 10,342
  • 2010_0519pics0228.JPG
    2010_0519pics0228.JPG
    48.3 KB · Views: 7,716

rum87

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vf Redline Ute M6
welcome, im looking at doing the same thing shortly when i get the coin. i like the black masqurades with machined face from zenetti or the hennessy's by vertini. but it all comes down to you mate. go for a drive round to local shops and have a look.

jasons sv6

jason
Reaction score
Members Ride
ve ute sv6
thanks, yeah money is the hard part, only just got mine lowered that was pricey enough.
do you know of any websites were you can see what your car looks like with different rims? or do you know 0any one good with photoshope? haha.
the masqurades are nice.

TinSnips

Polish all the things...
Reaction score
Website
www.drivencolour.com.au
Members Ride
VF SSV Ute
I like DTM kubica and flair... Or ROH prowler for the blacked out look. I'd go the kubica with that colour. Whatever you do, say no to chrome! 100% surefire way to f-up the look of any car unless it's a 300C or an escalade. In which case, the cars look like a smashed crab anyway so the chrome helps take some focus off the car!

jasons sv6

jason
Reaction score
Members Ride
ve ute sv6
they arnt bad, i like the prowlers alot, what do you have on yours?

jasons sv6

jason
Reaction score
Members Ride
ve ute sv6
yeah you arnt wrong about the money situation, i just lowered it, that cost enough.
thanks for that, the masqurades look sick, thanks

TinSnips

Polish all the things...
Reaction score
Website
www.drivencolour.com.au
Members Ride
VF SSV Ute
I'm still running the stock 18s at the moment. In the process of funding some performance mods before I worry about cosmetics. I've been looking at the prowlers for a while now but recently saw a ute that looks like it belongs to a DTM rep (not far from my place) and the Kubicas look sensational in the flesh. Only seen them advertised as 22s but the DTM ute looked to be on 20s. I've never seen a commodore, ve or otherwise that I like the look of on 22s... Just too big... Aside from being illegal and slower.

jasons sv6

jason
Reaction score
Members Ride
ve ute sv6
thanks tinsnips, i would love to work on performance, but only being on my p's i am limited to what i can do, so i'll wait till im on my blacks before i make any big changes, so till then cosmetics all the way haha,
although i do want to put an exhaust system on, i have been reading up and people are saying with the sv6 to go with the 2.25 catback thing, not to knowledgable on cars, very keen to learn, any suggestions onthe exhaust?
also what do you think about these?

Attachments

• advanti.jpg
    advanti.jpg
    3.8 KB · Views: 757

TinSnips

Polish all the things...
Reaction score
Website
www.drivencolour.com.au
Members Ride
VF SSV Ute
The SV6 comes standard with a 2.25inch exhaust, same as the SS - so if you want to keep the pipes that size, there's no sense in swapping the system - unless you delete the centre mufflers - but then she'll drone like a pig! For a V6, I'd just swap the rear mufflers to some red back straight through mufflers or similar. There are some Autotechnica stainless ones on ebay for around $500. A few of the members here have them. This is a youtube post by SV6sidiUte - YouTube - Ve SV6 Sidi Quad Mufflers

YouTube - SV6 SIDI new EXHAUST!!! These look to be the same unit on a sedan. I can't see if you mentioned if your ute is SIDI or not.

YouTube - ve sv6 new exhaust This one is a 2.5inch xforce cat back - have a scroll through youtube and see what you like.

You won't see much of an performance increase from either - but if you plan on any sort of forced induction or cam work then go for the freer-flowing 2.5inch, otherwise the mufflers will be fine - and a lot cheaper. You can pick up tipped Redback mild steel mufflers for around $400 and you can fit them yourself on your driveway in about 30 min. There is a 2.25inch xforce cat back (and probably others) but not worth it in my opinion. 3 inch will be too big aswell.

The other option is to pick up a set of ss mufflers with the quad tips - just as restrictive as the SV6 units but you'll pick up a set on ebay or your local exhaust shop for under 100 bucks.

I'm not a huge fan of the Advanti range of wheels - most seem to have chrome lips - I just can't stand chrome - it's a personal thing. Same deal with XHP wheels. Seen them on too many skylines and sylvias. Although having said that, these ain't bad...
advanti-wheels-tourer.jpg

Just saw these ones from ANZ Wheels also, called Nitro.
nitro.gif

Just go with what you like the look of. It's your ute, after all - Some people love the chrome look, others like blacked out wheels, machined face wheels - whatever - it's like the argument about the pontiac front - personally, I hate that more than I hate chev grilles - but it's all a personal choice.

Also, off on a bit of a tangent, you mentioned you lowered the ute - have you thought about sway bars or coil overs? Even if you just put some fatter sway bars on her the handling improvement will be massive! The utes do pretty well out of the box, but when I put chunky sway bars on my old VY, it was like driving a completely different car - and they're not heaps expensive (as opposed to coil-overs). And no dramas fitting them on Ps.

Sorry for the essay! lol