Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

20" wheels. ve sv6 ute

jasons sv6

jason
Reaction score
Members Ride
ve ute sv6
hmm where to start, haha nah joking thanks man that realy helped alot.
um as for the rims, i think i just fell in love with the advanti's that you sent, the nitros arnt bad either.
Talking about sway bars, i wouldnt have a clue, but i will do some research on it, how much $$ roughly?
Ohh dont get me strted on the pontiac front ends.... HATE THEM, but yes as you said, personal preference.
I really liked the sound of the 2.5 inch x-force cat back, would just swapping the mufflers give a similar note?
thanks for your essay, 10/10. haha.

TinSnips

Polish all the things...
Reaction score
Website
www.drivencolour.com.au
Members Ride
VF SSV Ute
You'll get a good set of adjustable sway bars by whiteline or pedders for around 600 I think. Another member here had whitelines fitted at Jax recently. They're worth every cent and by getting adjustable ones, you won't need to buy new ones if you ever want to upgrade your suspension.

Unfortunately, just swapping the mufflers won't sound the same as the 2.5 cat back, which again will sound different if you were to add extractors. Just depends how much you want to spend. You'll get a 2.5 inch exhaust fitted for under a grand unless you want di fillipo or kpm in which case it'll be more like a couple of grand. Where abouts are you located? I'm sure someone here can suggest a good exhaust shop near you.

V8Silverfox

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY04 VZ SS A4
thanks, yeah money is the hard part, only just got mine lowered that was pricey enough.
do you know of any websites were you can see what your car looks like with different rims? or do you know 0any one good with photoshope? haha.
the masqurades are nice.

This may help, but no VE ute unfortunately ..

Mod My Ride | News

jasons sv6

jason
Reaction score
Members Ride
ve ute sv6
You'll get a good set of adjustable sway bars by whiteline or pedders for around 600 I think. Another member here had whitelines fitted at Jax recently. They're worth every cent and by getting adjustable ones, you won't need to buy new ones if you ever want to upgrade your suspension.

Unfortunately, just swapping the mufflers won't sound the same as the 2.5 cat back, which again will sound different if you were to add extractors. Just depends how much you want to spend. You'll get a 2.5 inch exhaust fitted for under a grand unless you want di fillipo or kpm in which case it'll be more like a couple of grand. Where abouts are you located? I'm sure someone here can suggest a good exhaust shop near you.

nah deffinatly ni where near enough cash for di filipo, as good as they sound haha. i think i will pay the extra, get the 2.5 cat back, that way if i do wish to mod again it will be easier.
im on the central coast, so if you no any around that area, i know of a couple at tumbi umbi, bateau bay and gosford, ill just have to ring up and get some quotes.
have you changed your exhaust?
thanks mate

TinSnips

Polish all the things...
Reaction score
Website
www.drivencolour.com.au
Members Ride
VF SSV Ute
Sorry mate, don't know any on the central coast. Know a few really good places in Sydney though. But as far as fitting a cat back, any reputable exhaust shop will set you right.

Mine's basically stock at the moment. Have put a few bits on... And taken them off again because they were crap. Sat down and nutted out exactly what I wanted from it and then worked out roughly how much it's going to cost ( a shirt-load!). Basically, my first step will be a dual 3inch cat back (saving now and will be installing soon). Next step will be extractors, cats, VCM OTR and a MAF tune. After that the handling will get a workover with coil-overs and sway bars from pedders with new bushes and then some big brakes and 20s so they fit. Eventually I want to do some tarmac rallies so can't go much further than that as I'd need to fit a roll cage which doesn't suit daily drive. Should be a bit of fun though.

jasons sv6

jason
Reaction score
Members Ride
ve ute sv6
love the plans, keep us all posted. so excited for the exhaust, thinking that before rims. not to sure yet.

jonssv

Reaction score
Members Ride
ve ssv sportwagon
thanks tinsnips, i would love to work on performance, but only being on my p's i am limited to what i can do, so i'll wait till im on my blacks before i make any big changes, so till then cosmetics all the way haha,
although i do want to put an exhaust system on, i have been reading up and people are saying with the sv6 to go with the 2.25 catback thing, not to knowledgable on cars, very keen to learn, any suggestions onthe exhaust?
also what do you think about these?

if you are still thinking of getting some rims and like the style of these black rims i have something similar on a voodoo blue ve. My car is is a wagon and the rims are silver not black but it will give you an idea of how they might suit your car. If you want to see them there are pics of my car in the showoff your ride section and i think the post is just called my voodoo blue ssv sportwagon or something like that. And its just my opinion but i think the mesh style or fine spoke wheels suit the ve quite well.

jasons sv6

jason
Reaction score
Members Ride
ve ute sv6
kikki, is it? yeah i get what you meen, they do look nice.
thanks for that

Harrison

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
04' VYII 3.8L A4
Hey mate I understand your shooting for a cheaper set of rims.. i have found that advanti are generally a little bit cheaper, and i saw these rims on a SS sedan in your colour... looked quite amazing.

volt_black.gif

Here's all the details i could get.
VOLT BLACK
Available Sizes
17 x 8
18 x 8
19 x 8
20 x 8
Finish
Gloss Black with a Polished Face