Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

200+ rwkw on a VE SV6

brasher

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Ute
251rwkw at 6psi
turbo kit from Castle Hill Performance.

602025_10152660604510191_572472369_n.jpg

goldcoastr

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ve wagon
A person from Castle hill claim that same ve Calais that made 185 kw on that video only made 169 rear wheel kw on there dyno one the workers told me that this afternoon so it's hard to judge

I'm ether going to chip torque or hi torque performance in the GOLDCOAST to get my reading done as they r both good trusted work shops and might consider a tune with them if they can do that
My car is auto & my engine is only the 3L 190kw at the fly stock

I'm really not interested in paying $500+ for a remote tune

Last edited:

brasher

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Ute
A person from Castle hill claim that same ve Calais that made 185 kw on that video only made 169 rear wheel kw on there dyno one the workers told me that this afternoon so it's hard to judge

More like the other way round, his dyno reads notoriously accurate (when you calculate mph) my VE made 271rwkw on CHP dyno, 280+ at every other dyno it's ever been on. So take that as you will, the mph was bang on for ~270kw aswell. I remember at the last dyno day held there a lot of ego's been shattered because their car made 20rwkw less than the disney dyno they usually use lol.

Kiddo

You're serious bro?!
Reaction score
Members Ride
Mitsubishi Colt
Agreed.

Focus more on the gain, not the final figure.

goldcoastr

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ve wagon
More like the other way round, his dyno reads notoriously accurate (when you calculate mph) my VE made 271rwkw on CHP dyno, 280+ at every other dyno it's ever been on. So take that as you will, the mph was bang on for ~270kw aswell. I remember at the last dyno day held there a lot of ego's been shattered because their car made 20rwkw less than the disney dyno they usually use lol.

I agree with u I actually trust the video of a more true reading but again the video is uploaded by the OTR manufacture of course the video is done by a high respected work shop & mechanic but they r of course partners and have sponsor ship from that OTR brand so it would not surprise me the video is tricked up like the dyno set different to make a higher out out to make there brand compare over the competition

I also trust the comments I got on Facebook from I think ether the owner of castle hill or one the engineer/ mechanics saying that same car the ve calais in the video i posted only made 169rwkw on there dyno 16kw lower then the video I posted of course as u said its the dyno that makes the reading they always can be off

What I don't understand is why I never see more then 1 shoot out in videos like this ? Maybe they use the best run cause in my opinion I would want to run it 3 times to check the end result each time then I can also add them up and get a average reading

Anyway the tread is bout 200rwkw + on a Ve the thread is old but was in sticky so i bring it back up

Today apparently with full exhaust extractors hi flow cats OTR and new mace billet cams some people have said recently they get 216rwkw from the LLT sidi engine

Here video of that blue car claims 216 rwkw http://youtu.be/4SBtt34Ie5U

The utes sound even tuffer due to more custom exhaust system
http://youtu.be/-4AiPwivkvY

http://youtu.be/sZMJtKhHyTA

Not sure if any of the a I've cars have the new mace manifold spacers or powe bond pulley kit with the race balancer if not those added mods of course will increase the end out out us the gain & torque through out the The rpm
Range

Mace manifold spacers the biggest one 25 mm high claim a 10% increase in torque through out the rpm range that's impressive for us SIDI engine owners cause they really are gut less below 2500 rpm

My engine being the LF1 3L is again a lot
Less torque then most of you out there with the 210kw sidi 3.6L

Last edited:

oky

Reaction score
Members Ride
2012 sv6. my12
No way you have that much KW you would only have about 140kw at the back wheels I have a my12 sv6 with the LFX and only get 155kw at the wheels with many mods done including OTR.Mace 12mm intake spacer. 20% underdrive pulley and 2.5 inch twin pacemaker exhaust I hope this makes it on here as this is the second one I wright as I am unable to find the first one on here.

vongy10

Reaction score
Members Ride
CV8 Monaro V2
No way you have that much KW you would only have about 140kw at the back wheels I have a my12 sv6 with the LFX and only get 155kw at the wheels with many mods done including OTR.Mace 12mm intake spacer. 20% underdrive pulley and 2.5 inch twin pacemaker exhaust I hope this makes it on here as this is the second one I wright as I am unable to find the first one on here.

Those are basic mods. Has it been tuned? Is it auto or manual. Seeing as manual's lose around 20% of power from flywheel to rear wheel it should atleast produce 160rwkw stock.

kevaneleven

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 S1
Sorry to dig up old threads.. Just had my first dyno tune. 2007 VE SV6 5spd Auto. Car produced 165rwkw. Mace cams, Orrsom OTR, Pacemaker extractors, 100cpsi cats and a 2.25 catback.