Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

2000 VTII Olympic Pack

c2105026

Reaction score
Members Ride
2000 VTII Commodore Olympic, 2012 Ford Focus ST
To update
- FOI/GIPA application with Sydney Olympic Park Authority turned up nothing, records destroyed 2007. So this is all I will ever get info wise. Been able to find out quite a bit, though. More than previous vehicles.

- Did a service last week, oil, coolant and transmission fluid/filter. Latter item was a bastard and very messy (2 litres of old trans fluid on the floor covers a wide area). Fluid almost black, so just as well I changed it. Some very fine metal film/powder, to be expected at this mileage. No chunks or larger flecks. Transmission drives super beautiful after.

- Passed its first pink slip (in my possession) today. Took it to Holden Dealer for this, the car was still in their system (serviced there from 2003-2008, and another visit in 2012).

- Using google and logical deduction its hail damage would have been from August 2015.

c2105026

Reaction score
Members Ride
Oh and after tightening the inlet manifold bolts, no more mayonnaise under their oil cap, or that could be felt or seen through oil filler hole. Hopefully problem cured!

D

devilly

Oh and after tightening the inlet manifold bolts, no more mayonnaise under their oil cap, or that could be felt or seen through oil filler hole. Hopefully problem cured!
sorry to say this but it's a very short term fix :( you have to replace the gaskets themselves.

c2105026

Reaction score
Members Ride
sorry to say this but it's a very short term fix :( you have to replace the gaskets themselves.
Nooooo don’t say that! Lol!

I’ll check under the rockers every oil change, if it comes back I’ll replace gasket. Not dear to do but can be labour intensive.

In other news progressively the seat fabric has come away from the seats, looking loose and shabby. Ordered some tailored seat covers in a neutral colour just now, they should arrive this week. Not a bad price neither!

Calaber

Nil Bastardo Carborundum
Reaction score
Members Ride
CG Captiva 5 Series 2
That was a problem with VT's. You often find a clean and cared for example where the upholstery is shabby and is pulling away from the foam padding.

D

devilly

Nooooo don’t say that! Lol!

I’ll check under the rockers every oil change, if it comes back I’ll replace gasket. Not dear to do but can be labour intensive.

In other news progressively the seat fabric has come away from the seats, looking loose and shabby. Ordered some tailored seat covers in a neutral colour just now, they should arrive this week. Not a bad price neither!
my advice grab the parts while it's still holding together and the coolant and try and get done before it hits summer time, nothing worse then it overheating in summer time and oil in the radiator. can't wait to see what colour you picked and how they look too :)

c2105026

Reaction score
Members Ride
Seat covers fitted

Quality of stitching not brilliant but they fit ok

4C485D97-8CFD-4BEC-BBE1-BEAF9EE3CB8C.jpeg
AA94EF4D-98F8-47B0-B4E1-B4DC6915F1A9.jpeg

c2105026

Reaction score
Members Ride
Well to update - no issues so far, I've done about 7000km all up.

Still no mayonnaise under oil filler cap, or where I can reach with my finger under rocker cover.

Been to a couple of shows, got a bit of interest.

In December last year I thought it was a brilliant idea to touch up the stone chips - bit it made it look even more **** (gloss difference, slight paint mismatch). So I spent a week in the holidays slowly wetsanding my work off, polishing it etc. Until I get the car resprayed in the future (and that is an 'if' - I forsee some interest in unrestored survivors in the future car scene) I'll leave it for now.

I have some ideas for future projects on the vehicle. Firstly, the clip holding in the power window switch block is broken which means it doesn't sit properly. The bulbs behind the dash - I got aftermarket bulbs from an auto sparky, but they are wrong colour (clear, not green/red) - when I get paid next I'll order the correct bulbs off eBay (GMH is $29 a bulb!).

This is what the display board looks like now. I built the basic structure for the VB I had.
23517463_10156107022431264_3902670200682785076_n.jpg

23795458_10156138445741264_1710319369156807051_n.jpg

Dashboard display of Olympic memorabilia.

When I display it I have a burnt CD of music that was in the ARIA charts during the 2000 Olympics playing.

c2105026

Reaction score
Members Ride
Just ordered everything I needed for the projects listed - $46! Thanks ebay....

ausleo

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Series II SS Sedan
Good to see the VT's getting revivals.

with your spare car hang onto the struts complete with the control arm, radius bar and suspension they are a handy thing to have. Keep the steering rack too. I've gone through a couple of steering racks over the years. And the power steering pump, lines and resevior handy spares.