Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

2000 wh Statesman manual conversion

Faizdvs

Reaction score
Members Ride
1996 VS Calais 5L
Hi im a long time reader first time asker of something.

Iv looked through all the "howto" threads on manual conversions and have learnt alot from them all especially this one

https://forums.justcommodores.com.au/threads/complete-vn-vr-manual-conversion-guide.76186

I just have a couple of questions,
all the conversions are on commodores and i wanted to know how different is it to do one on a statesman??
And if it is different what sort of extra things are needed to get the job done?

Thanks, Faizul.

HVXII

AWI11
Reaction score
Members Ride
2002 VXII Acclaim storm grey
Looking at doing this myself down the track be handy to know how different it is

DevilDRake

Braaaap
Reaction score
Website
www.devildrake.deviantart.com
Members Ride
2006 VZ SS 6L Ute
You may know, but since the statesman isn't a model that came out with manual you would need an Engineers certificate for it to be legal.

I'm not sure what problems you may come across, but the shifter seems like it will be in the right spot (If not get a bent shifter). Tailshaft may have to be a custom length.

You will also need a new exhaust mount at the rear of the gearbox since manuals are a shorter box... That's all I can think of.

HVXII

AWI11
Reaction score
Members Ride
2002 VXII Acclaim storm grey
ahh ok i didnt know the legality of it cheers buddy how hard would it be to get the certificate? would it be costly?

Leonzalion

Reaction score
Members Ride
Wh statesman chipped v6 5 speed manual conversion
I got one and I love it :)

BrettsGrange

Reaction score
Members Ride
WH Grange
Mine is a wh grange with a vy ute ss cross member and 6sp box with a rip shifter....luv it