Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

2003 VY SS SII Ute

Reaction score
Website
forums.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
86 VLCT/02 VY SV8
mine is a series 2 and its an 03 model ?? the seats look the same as whats in there at the moment to me lol ? yeah the tyres werent the best when i got the car but i did do 2 massive skids, one at a mates birthday and another for no real special occasion lol. didnt exactly pop but got eggs in the side wall on the in side, canvas hanging out and would loose all air pressure over a day of sitting there.

with the seats are yous thinking i may have troubles changing the rails over ? i didnt even know there were different seats in the vy range.

derrro

haha tough
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ MY06 SS
Big seats Vs small seats :)

Yeah the seats are different, big time. Nahhh, the metal frames should still be the same, but I am not 100% sure. At least urs are not in the car so you can more easily play around and find out. Compare the seats u just bought with this:

VZ SS
Commodore-VZ-SS-Interior.jpg

Check it out - man the cloth patterned seats you have in your ute are the same as these if it's a VYII. Anything VYII --> has these seats up till the end of VZ. IMO the earlier ones were pretty cool, but the later ones were even better!

BTW will post up a few pics of the seat cushion stuff this Sat if I have time. Never seem to have spare time off work these days!

Last edited:

derrro

haha tough
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ MY06 SS
BTW VYII started late 03. What month is on ur compliance plate?

derrro

haha tough
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ MY06 SS
yeah the tyres werent the best when i got the car but i did do 2 massive skids, one at a mates birthday and another for no real special occasion lol. didnt exactly pop but got eggs in the side wall on the in side, canvas hanging out and would loose all air pressure over a day of sitting there.

Bwhaha! Yeah i know the feeling. When I got my SS I went straight to Rookwood and sparked em up big time. Was driving back on Homebush Bay drive with ppl cheering at the slap slap slap sound my battered rubber was making on the tarmac! ;) ;) Was a bit pricey for an arvo of fun though ....

IMG_0165.jpg

Last edited:

derrro

haha tough
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ MY06 SS
Its September 03. I still don't really see the difference in seats lol they look like mine to me

The later ones don't have the headrest integrating with the back of the seat, and the back of the seat has been bulked up to make the lateral support bigger.

Reaction score
Website
forums.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
86 VLCT/02 VY SV8
havnt posted in here in awhile, noticd the saet difference when actually having them side by side. recently replaced the diff and tailshft as both of them decided to **** themselfs, got a vy clubby LSD with 3.7's, and another tailshaft. car is now alot quiter no whines or noises from the rear end. also abit punchier with the 3.7's compared to the 3.46's. last week gave it a decent service, including replacing clutch and brake fluid, new diff oil when the diff went in, coolant flush, replaced a few hoses that were weaping, next on the list is front left hand wheel bearing and strut top rubbers/bearings. also just got a new set of fog lights to replace the broken one that was on it when i bought it.