Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

2004 Calais V8 Tapping Noise??

Laina_Doxx

Reaction score
Members Ride
2001 VX Holden Commodore S
Good After Morning Anyone ??

I need help please.

Have a 2004 Holden Calais V8
Giving me grief with repairs, my ABS light, Check Engine light appeared took it into the Holden dealership charged me an arm and a leg to tell me their diagnostic tests and machine couldn’t find the problem they believed it was the Power Train Interface Module causing the issue as well as the BCM upon looking for these replacement components I can’t seem to source a BCM, I’m located in New Zealand.

Now I’m having issues with this ticking tapping noise when the engine has been idling for a minute, gets a little louder when a little gas is applied, then dissipates and reappears at idle..

I have owned this car brand new, brought from Australia to New Zealand in 2004 and have done 265km.

Any advice please, trying to save myself the dollar sign by fixing it myself, I’m no mechanic either I’m just a lady who drives Petrol Tankers hehe

Cheers

BlackVXGTS

Reaction score
Members Ride
GEN-F2 GTS A6, VS Clubsport 185 A4
1. Suggest you download the Holden VT/VZ Service Manual and check out the section on "GEN III V8 PCM – DATA LINK CONNECTOR DIAGNOSIS" to give you some background on the problem. The file is 2.69gb in size so download to a PC and not a mobile.

https://mega.nz/file/Oex2gYyI#5m8benPFSI_DQLGKyDvaA_tXZS0HMWUjzef_q0lv27g

2. If you don't have any luck sourcing the parts in NZ, you could try eBay Australia. Many sites will post to NZ.