Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

2004 VY S Manual Sedan!

Dirbatua

AWOL!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX SS Series 2
image.jpg

i swear if you sell that charger i will ####ing taze you.

We will just drop a stock decent km emosmeg in it, swap the rockers and **** over, its like a half day job when **** all goes smoothly.

then get the ####ing thing properly tuned and the limiter set to less then what it is now cause clearly whatever the limiter was raised to on the ECU is part of the problem, other part is you've clearly ridden the limiter at some point recently cause the piston blew chunks of metal through the block.

That or the supercharger's billet wheels let go and blown **** through the block cause there was bits of ####ing metal everywhere, even inside the other head and on the other pistons.

DevilDRake

Braaaap
Reaction score
Website
www.devildrake.deviantart.com
Members Ride
2006 VZ SS 6L Ute
image.jpg

i swear if you sell that charger i will ####ing taze you.

We will just drop a stock decent km emosmeg in it, swap the rockers and **** over, its like a half day job when **** all goes smoothly.

then get the ####ing thing properly tuned and the limiter set to less then what it is now cause clearly whatever the limiter was raised to on the ECU is part of the problem, other part is you've clearly ridden the limiter at some point recently cause the piston blew chunks of metal through the block.

That or the supercharger's billet wheels let go and blown **** through the block cause there was bits of ####ing metal everywhere, even inside the other head and on the other pistons.

We will see how we go, yes it was high RPM when it let go, doesn't mean I drive it like you used to drive all your cars.

I've found a replacement motor for $450 in campbellfield with a $50 delivery fee out here with 145xxx so might be the ticket. There's one in dandenong with 110xxx for $700 though.

Well I dunno, piston 4 is the ####ed one but somehow metal was through piston 1 & 3 on the opposite side. I hope the charger didn't collapse and throw metal through the engine but i highly doubt it; It seems all fine to me.

Dirbatua

AWOL!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX SS Series 2
doesn't mean I drive it like you used to drive all your cars..

What do you mean used to? i still drive em like that :p but in my whole driving life i've only hit the limiter twice i can remember and both were on the freeway on ramps and me forgetting how fast the car accelerates in 1st while checking traffic next to me :p you've hit it more in the last 500km then i have ever :p

I've found a replacement motor for $450 in campbellfield with a $50 delivery fee out here with 145xxx so might be the ticket. There's one in dandenong with 110xxx for $700 though.

Go the $450 one, 110,xxx vs 145,xxx is not worth the $200 difference and does the $450 have warranty (i know its pointless with the charger but for initial installation and tests we could use the warranty if required if its a dud.)

Well I dunno, piston 4 is the ####ed one but somehow metal was through piston 1 & 3 on the opposite side. I hope the charger didn't collapse and throw metal through the engine but i highly doubt it; It seems all fine to me.

Yea i'd be checking the charger closely with a torch if not out right opening it up because there was little bits of metal ####ing everywhere and i dunno how the #### they could get from piston 4 through to 1 and 3 in the short time the car was running after going boom unless its just pure luck it somehow made it into the oil and pumped through or it got blown into the intake mainfold and straight out into 1 and 3 in that quick time frame which is possible but it'd be a wtf.

DevilDRake

Braaaap
Reaction score
Website
Members Ride
2006 VZ SS 6L Ute
What do you mean used to? i still drive em like that :p but in my whole driving life i've only hit the limiter twice i can remember and both were on the freeway on ramps and me forgetting how fast the car accelerates in 1st while checking traffic next to me :p you've hit it more in the last 500km then i have ever :p

Go the $450 one, 110,xxx vs 145,xxx is not worth the $200 difference and does the $450 have warranty (i know its pointless with the charger but for initial installation and tests we could use the warranty if required if its a dud.)

Yea i'd be checking the charger closely with a torch if not out right opening it up because there was little bits of metal ####ing everywhere and i dunno how the #### they could get from piston 4 through to 1 and 3 in the short time the car was running after going boom unless its just pure luck it somehow made it into the oil and pumped through or it got blown into the intake mainfold and straight out into 1 and 3 in that quick time frame which is possible but it'd be a wtf.

You almost hit the limiter anytime you rev anyone elses car lol.. I'll never be as bad as you for that :p

Yeah i'm on contact now and getting a quote delivered to your place lol, if it aint too bad i'll just order it and we can get it done sometime.. too bad it's around Christmas, i have next week off but i wouldn't know how to do it myself :p.

$450 one comes with 3 month warranty, and all bolt ons except starter + alternator (which both of mine are in good nick)

I'll have a look at it in a minute after i take off the roller rockers + pushrods so i can install in the new one.

Dirbatua

AWOL!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX SS Series 2
You almost hit the limiter anytime you rev anyone elses car lol.. I'll never be as bad as you for that :p

Yeah i'm on contact now and getting a quote delivered to your place lol, if it aint too bad i'll just order it and we can get it done sometime.. too bad it's around Christmas, i have next week off but i wouldn't know how to do it myself :p.

$450 one comes with 3 month warranty, and all bolt ons except starter + alternator (which both of mine are in good nick)

I'll have a look at it in a minute after i take off the roller rockers + pushrods so i can install in the new one.

lol not really, i short shift the car about 5000-5500rpm when driving around even when i took you for a spin :p i dont bring it up to the 7000rpm rev limit unless I'm on the track usually, i don't need too haha :p

and for other peoples cars, yea i forget that most peoples rev limits are 6000rpm or so :p

Yea get it sent to my place, if they can get it here by Thursday then we could start on it Sunday or Monday since i got both off and then i got Friday,Saturday and Sunday off too next week like most people :p

TI3VOM

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Commodore
My Ecotec did the same thing with my Powerdyne side mount charger.
Was on the same piston, on the same side at around 5500-6000RPM (Auto) but the car did have 295,000k's and had the charger on for 8,000-10,000k's.

Hopefully you get it sorted easily and have it back on the road soon.

DevilDRake

Braaaap
Reaction score
Website
Members Ride
2006 VZ SS 6L Ute
My Ecotec did the same thing with my Powerdyne side mount charger.
Was on the same piston, on the same side at around 5500-6000RPM (Auto) but the car did have 295,000k's and had the charger on for 8,000-10,000k's.

Hopefully you get it sorted easily and have it back on the road soon.

My car just hit 195xxx, but it did have a very slight miss and was always a bit rough compared to others I've been in. Maybe this'll be for the good haha!

Well the engine has been organised, $530 delivered to my brothers house where it'll sit on an engine crane until Sunday-ish when I get my car towed over and doing it. 155xxx klms on it so it should be all good.

Took out all my goodies out, roller rockers, injectors.. hopefully didn't forget anything.

Trayner

Fresh prince of Pakky, Gangsta
Reaction score
Members Ride
Gangsta Hundy
mang mang mang bang! , ahwell at least you will get a engine with some lower k's on it

Last edited:

K-BAGZ

De Plane! De Plane!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR II S-pac V6 Ute / VZ SV6 Sedan / VZ R8
Certainly took a chunk out of that piston crown.

Neat destruction!