Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

2005 Special Edition Statesman International

Stewart1000

work done by ME
Reaction score
Website
www.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
VL twin turbo. VN5L. old jeep, **** mondeo.
dpalomes said:
I give everyone fair advance warning. Buy one of these u better get the 8. they are very slow in the v6. My father was going to buy a caprice, and the v6 was gutless. However, give me one of these in an 8 any day.
i disagree, the 190kw should be enough to power it easily, what model caprice was your dad gogin to buy?
but yeah the 6cyl should be more than enough and the 8 will be even more, but i would still get the 8... but... $$$ :(
the v6 gives you 340nm at 3200revs so thats mid range, so alot of people will like that fact and the 6 has a variable camshaft when the 8 doesnt
and btw i just searched google for 'statesman international' and guess what page was first in the list? this exact page. well done guys.

this is the holden page of tech specs for the car
http://www.holden.com.au/www-holden/action/techdata?modelid=7001

czerwonyVN

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN 3.8 A4
Rovert said:
If you could afford one of these why on earth would you save a penny & buy the V6..
apart from the 5 grand you initially save (a little more than a penny, a very good sound system at least), think about the ongoing costs of fuel and insurance. you will end up saving a lot of money (considering v8 uses 4 or so litres more per 100km??).

X

xf commybasher

for stock its ok but imo i definetly needs to be lowered and done in black wouldnt hurt it either, it looks to grampa carish for me in stock

R

rattattack1313

xf commybasher said:
for stock its ok but imo i definetly needs to be lowered and done in black wouldnt hurt it either, it looks to grampa carish for me in stock
Just wondering why there is getting to be so many F#@D drivers in here....don't they have a decent web-page to go to somewhere????? :confused:

X

xf commybasher

well its a simple concept, i like others like cars and motorsport so we go werever, the ford forums are loaded with holden drivers too

Stretcher Bearer

A.R.N.G.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT2 SOCOG Exec 9C1
The statsman is already lowered. It has FE1.5 deson't it rather than FE2. The firmness in handling of FE2 withut the hardness.

And why this bloody obsession with lowering everything. Must make up for the crappy look and handling of FORDs so they are not at everyones eye level.

X

xf commybasher

well ok then ill run through each of the models startin from vn and ea, the vn was a complete copy of the ea, i still dunno how holden made it look so plain, then theres the vp, it was alot better looking then the vn(especially in prestige models) but the eb always looked more modern and stylish same as ed, then theres the vr/vs and ef/el, the vs had the exact same ugly doors and unco boot from the vn(im not even gonna start on those ugly tail lights! lol) even virtually the same boring interiour too, the only good point about them was the front end, the new ecotec engine at the time was still gutless! then ya have the vt/vx and au1-3 ok ill the au1s werent to flash against the vts(at least they werent so bad in series 3 right!..gulp lol) but as they went up in the models(i.e. fairmont/fairmont ghia, xr6/8, t series..ect) the were alot more better lookin the the vt models(the vt interiour was way better lookin, not as roomy but way better lookin) personally i hate that ugly boot garnish and the gay lookin front end on the vt, but then theres the vx, same interiour different colour but the new headlights, rear end and body kit were a huge improvement, they whooped the fords looks on everything cept fairmont/fairmont ghia and t series(lol t3 ts50 and te50 were unbeatable for looks, they still look way awesome imho but im just a big fan of those cars too:D) ss vx was a tough lookin car, then ya have vy/vz vs ba/bf, there is no way the vy looks anywhere near as tough or good lookin as a ba period(although i do love those vy tail lights:d:p) the lion badge on the front, could it get any bigger!! and that horrible body kit was just..well that.. horrible! lol then ya have vz(im already sick of this interior too) the kit on the vz makes ya wonder if they were drunk when they went from vx to vy, its a pretty good lookin kit especially for exectutive models aswell, but the ba has better colours better body styling(the xr6/8 kit is way better then any holden, must be why thers more ba xr6/8 then vyvz s,sv6,sv8,ss on the road) then thers the hsv fpv range, easpecially in vy1-vy2 hsv had nothing on fpv, so then they imported a 6.0l crate engine to compete, they still have nothing in looks though, the body kit screams out too far(even still, the f6 is much better value then a 6 litre clubsport, 1 slower on a 0-400, whomps the hsv on a rolling start and has way more potential and comfort yup ild ratheran f6) so anyways guys has much fun as i had doin this lol i still would rather just participate in normal converstations about cars, sheesh this debate is never gonna find a winner and its never gonna get any newer.....$am