Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

2005 VZ Storm S Ute Turismo Blue

Jake.7410

Reaction score
Members Ride
just a quick question... your exhaust... you said it was a single pipe.... does it still have 2 mufflers? or just one at the front... because im trying to get a cat back for mine but the only set with 2 mufflers has a dual pipe coming out of the last one.... but i only want one pipe so i can put tips on it.....

SUP3RST4R_DJ

Reaction score
Members Ride
2011 MY11 Holden VE SSV Ute
Yeah it's a single pipe, all stock standard then I removed the rear resonator and put a straight pipe and tip on in it's place

Yours is a vy right? You should be able to get single 2.5" systems, redback do a nice set up in my opinion

Jake.7410

Reaction score
Members Ride
Yeah it's a single pipe, all stock standard then I removed the rear resonator and put a straight pipe and tip on in it's place

Yours is a vy right? You should be able to get single 2.5" systems, redback do a nice set up in my opinion

yeah mines a VY but i was told putting a single system without 2 mufflers is illegal because the car came with 2.... is this true?
becasue the only redback cat back single i can find only has one muffler....

SUP3RST4R_DJ

Reaction score
Members Ride
I'm not 100% sure on that one, I figured that technically it still had cats, a muffler and exhaust that finished at the back of the car it would be ok. I just got a rego check on mine and it passed fine, I think if it's not overly loud and you don't act like an idiot you should get to bothered about it

SUP3RST4R_DJ

Reaction score
Members Ride
so i got my lowered shocks and put them in, rides much better now. but now my muffler is stuffed and rattling so im just gunna replace the muffler with a redback (opinions?) and keep original size pipe

also dynamatted the doors with the little bit i had, even the small amount sounds awesome, much better so im gunna buy a bulk pack and fill the doors up a bit more

here is some pics (sorry bout blurry quality on some) :

DSCF0945.jpg

DSCF0946.jpg

DSCF0947.jpg

DSCF0949.jpg

DSCF0951.jpg

DSCF0952.jpg

Jake.7410

Reaction score
Members Ride
I'm not 100% sure on that one, I figured that technically it still had cats, a muffler and exhaust that finished at the back of the car it would be ok. I just got a rego check on mine and it passed fine, I think if it's not overly loud and you don't act like an idiot you should get to bothered about it

ahh yeah ill talk to a mechanic or something hahaha thanks again for our help man

Jordzz

VL Calais 5 Spd ### yea
Reaction score
Members Ride
VL Calais 5spd VT S 5spd VX Berlina VP 5spd VS Cal
coulour along with everything youve done to the car go together really well! id be very happy to call that my own well done mate!

SUP3RST4R_DJ

Reaction score
Members Ride
coulour along with everything youve done to the car go together really well! id be very happy to call that my own well done mate!

thanks mate but i actually havent done that much too it lol but thanks for the compliment :) makes it all worth it in the end haha

spose whilst im here ill update news on the ute...

ended up getting the redback muffler put in, sounds a bit louder/throatier now so im happy, havent taken it on the highway yet to see if it drones though. been a bit lazy with mods for the car so ill try do some little things soon. im looking into building a minitruck so the ute may be put on hold yet haha

Gibbovy.

Reaction score
Members Ride
vy ute.
nice ute man! espicially love the colour :)

SUP3RST4R_DJ

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ute is for sale guys and girls.

asking $18000 ONO

inbox for genuine enquiries please