Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

2005 vz sv8

RiCeY

F O R U M W A R R I O R
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV8 6spd 6.0 430rwhp
The brake light in the rear window is deleted when you have a spoiler, you cant even install one because the glass is blacked out where it normally shines through.

Execs have one in the rear window, its law that you must have one since about 1991 or thereabouts...

Chilly is correct.

Reaction score
Members Ride
'96 VS Executive 3.8L
its law that you must have one since about 1991 or thereabouts...
even earlier i think, dads nineteen-eighty-something? pulsars got one too and i think he said it was regulations

Last edited:

callumsv6

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vz sv6
looks mint mate! whered u get the tinted headlight covers? the coppers have anything to say about them?

RiCeY

F O R U M W A R R I O R
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV8 6spd 6.0 430rwhp
Cheers.

I got normal Aunger headlight covers then sprayed the insides with Night Shades tint spray. You have to take your time and do light coats then let each coat dry so it doesnt run. The more coats the darker they look.

I only have them on during the day and havent been in trouble for them yet....

Surfwagon

Reaction score
Members Ride
AMG Mercedes C63 Wagon
Yeah they look pretty dark in those pics as it was an overcast day :D

Rear spoiler is back on at the moment due to the Police warning me for having no eye level brake light :/

Cheers for the replies

I can't check on the blacked out rear window statement at the moment but the wiring for the high level brake light in the rear parcel shelf is still in my senator.
With a globe fitted it still works, but haven't looked to see if it shines through the window.
Might check tomorrow.
BTW the car looks awesome all black without the rear spoiler.

Cheers SW

ZOMBIE

Reaction score
Members Ride
2006 VZ SS Thunder 6.0
That sucks that you have to put the rear spoiler on, the sedans looks so much cleaner without them i think.
Maybe Check if the wiring is still there like what surfwagon said.

Have you got lowered shocks or a camber kit?? How do your tyres go with SSL's, dont wear to much?

ZOMBIE

RiCeY

F O R U M W A R R I O R
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV8 6spd 6.0 430rwhp
Yeah the harness is probably still there and maybe even the light (havent checked) but the glass itself is blacked out I doubt it will shine though :(

Yes I fitted short travel struts and shocks when I fitted the springs. No camber kit so it does wear the insides of the rears, and due to me running a bit of neg camber on the front it wears the fronts on the insides as well.

Car corners very well but the tyres suffer unfortunately.

Cheers.

ZOMBIE

Reaction score
Members Ride
2006 VZ SS Thunder 6.0
Yeah, im looking at putting SSL's in the rear of my ute to even the stance out. I am going to put new lowered shocks in but im not sure about the camber kit, some people say there tyres are fine and some say they get chewed out real quick so im not sure, all comes down to $$$.

What is the height of the rear from the center of the wheel cap to the wheel arch?? would like to know.

ZOMBIE

Surfwagon

Reaction score
Members Ride
AMG Mercedes C63 Wagon
Yeah the harness is probably still there and maybe even the light (havent checked) but the glass itself is blacked out I doubt it will shine though :(

Yes I fitted short travel struts and shocks when I fitted the springs. No camber kit so it does wear the insides of the rears, and due to me running a bit of neg camber on the front it wears the fronts on the insides as well.

Car corners very well but the tyres suffer unfortunately.

Cheers.

With regards to the rear camber have you had the toe links wheel aligned.
Most suspension shops reckon the VZ's the VX2-VZ don't need rear camber kits in fact Slammer on SC forum says that rear camber kits and the toe links actually fight against each other.
http://forum.****************.com.au/showthread.php?p=2338188#post2338188

RiCeY

F O R U M W A R R I O R
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV8 6spd 6.0 430rwhp
Yeah I have to run a bit of toe so the tyre doesnt hit the wheel arch, VE offset with 245s doesnt work that well on VZs haha

When I run neutral toe it scrubs.. throw in some toe and it doesnt.

Will roll the guards one day and that should fix it.