Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

2006 sv6 manual engine into 2011 sv6 auto

Brewer26

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE sv6 manual
Hey guys, I’ve crashed my 2006 ve sv6 manual but the engine is alright, I was thinking of putting it in a 2011 series 2 ve sv6 auto as I have one without an engine. Just wondering how much work it would be to complete the swap.
Thanks

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
You can’t reverse swap the platforms.

The series 2 met different emissions targets and you can’t replicate them with a series 1 drive train.

Also the wiring is different. To make them compatible will be as complex as swapping a whole different engine in (as a 2JZ or an old 5ltr V8, not that it would be possible to register it after that).

While the outside and model are still VE, they are too different.

Also the series 2 uses different engine management with high pressure and low pressure pumps and associated sensors. The variable flow intake is gone on series 2 engines and so that harness will need modification.

It’s going to be a shitshow.

What is better is to find an engine and gearbox from a series 2 and use your spare chassis. Or easier still will be to find another series 2 and buy it.

Brewer26

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE sv6 manual
You can’t reverse swap the platforms.

The series 2 met different emissions targets and you can’t replicate them with a series 1 drive train.

Also the wiring is different. To make them compatible will be as complex as swapping a whole different engine in (as a 2JZ or an old 5ltr V8, not that it would be possible to register it after that).

While the outside and model are still VE, they are too different.

Also the series 2 uses different engine management with high pressure and low pressure pumps and associated sensors. The variable flow intake is gone on series 2 engines and so that harness will need modification.

It’s going to be a shitshow.

What is better is to find an engine and gearbox from a series 2 and use your spare chassis. Or easier still will be to find another series 2 and buy it.
Thanks, not going to attempt it now.

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
Putting a direct injection engine in a car that never had it is super hard.

What you could do is put a VF Alloytec into the VE S2 (some conversion work required but doable) and manual convert it.

Would be a joy to drive.