Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

2006 VE Omega Auto Engine and Trans Conversion

NissanSilvia

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Omega
So I have a 2006 VE Omega 6cyl Auto.

I want to do an engine conversion on it to a V8 and manual but I don't want a modern engine full of electronics.

I want to put an old rebuilt V8 (can be either carbureted or fuel injected) with a manual box.

Anyone know of any good engine / box combinations to put in bearing in mind ease of matching it up to the VE shell with economy and ease of putting it in in mind?

Tasmaniak

Not a valid input....
Reaction score
Website
www.ranjinstallations.com.au
Members Ride
VR Stato, C180 Kompressor, Prado and Ka
Posting to subscribe to this one... lol

Wongy295

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
2012 VE SV6 (LPG)
2l9kuit.jpg

Wongy295

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
2012 VE SV6 (LPG)
But seriously, don't bother.

Sell your Omega, save your money and buy a decent 2008-2009 SS with low KM's. It's not worth the headaches and crap.

In the end, it'll still look like an Omega.

greenacc

Searching for the billion
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Berlina
Not to mention the RTA would laugh at you when you try to register your home made monster. Any engine you put in a car must meet or excede the emissions laws in place at the time the car was made. Good luck getting any carby motor to meet the 2006 standards.

NissanSilvia

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Omega
I don't want a modern SS. I hate the level of electronics in modern cars. Don't care if it looks like an Omega. Not too worried about it having issues with the RTA because if need be I will just use it as a track car.

Tasmaniak

Not a valid input....
Reaction score
Website
Members Ride
so glad I subscribed...

EnFoRcEr_001

Deano
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 A5
Just so you know what is needed. You will need to rip out the dash, stereo and any other electronics in the car as they will e completely useless. You will then need a new standalone ecu to run your chosen engine. From there you will need to choose a gearbox, custom bell housing and tail shaft to get it to suit the ve size. We haven't even started on the rear end yet. If your happy blowing 10-15k on a car you can't drive on road due to rego issues. By all means go for it.

NissanSilvia

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Omega
Just so you know what is needed. You will need to rip out the dash, stereo and any other electronics in the car as they will e completely useless. You will then need a new standalone ecu to run your chosen engine. From there you will need to choose a gearbox, custom bell housing and tail shaft to get it to suit the ve size. We haven't even started on the rear end yet. If your happy blowing 10-15k on a car you can't drive on road due to rego issues. By all means go for it.

The stereo and other electronics will be completely useless? They don't run off a seperate computer than the currrent ECU in the car? I thought they had a seperate computer such as the body control module which would still run electronics such as the stereo if the engine and the engine ECU were ripped out? If a fuel injected engine was chosen, I was planning to bring along the ECU with that engine to operate the fuel injection. In relation to a custom bell housing, there is not a GM motor and gearbox that would fit in the VE shell without requiring a custom bell housing? Tail shaft length would obviously have to be customised matching the shaft coming out of the gearbox to the shaft going into the diff but that is not a great expense.

Tasmaniak

Not a valid input....
Reaction score
Website
Members Ride
Yes, custom bell housing. The car runs in canbus system known As gmlan. New engine will need to speak the same language to get anything to work.