Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

2006 ve omega wont start

Arturo

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE OMEGA
Hi guys/gal's, sorry to bother you all with this. I have a 2006 ve dual fuel omega. Ok, I have just driven approximately 140 kms, non-stop, so I stopped to go to the atm then I started the car put in reverse moved about 5 feet then it started running like it was out fuel and then stopped, I tried a couple of time to start it no joy. I am running on gas but my very low fuel light was on, so I went and got 10 litres of fuel. Then tried again all it did was just turn over no start. I tried turning it back to fuel no joy, back to gas no joy, flattened the battery tried jump start no good, had the other car going for 10 minutes hoping to put some charge, but still no joy, sorry for Long winded explanation, Please any ideas or advice TIA

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
Marks workshop down the road in York might be a go.

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
You won’t hear the pump if fuel pressure remains in the line. VE have a non return system. Pump will only prime if fuel pressure is low.

Edit: I don’t know why I wrote VZ. Changed to VE.

Last edited:

Arturo

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE OMEGA
Can you hear the fuel pump start up when you first turn the key on?
No but I cant hear it normally too much background noise, I wouldn't know if a bomb went off right next to me, I wouldn't hear lol, thank you, much appreciated

LeighC

Reaction score
Members Ride
Omega V Commodore V6 Dual Fuel
Thank you, thank you for your time
I have exactly the same car & if I listen at the fuel cap I can hear the fuel pump start & then stop when I turn the ignition on, & when I crank the engine it immediately starts again. You will need an assistant. The factory BRC LPG always starts on petrol & changes as soon as the convertor temp comes up. I am presuming this car is a V6. I never let my tank come much under 1/4 of petrol. Be aware the starter motors do wear out the brushes prematurely & wont crank, you think it is a crook battery.
Just some pointers from my experience.

Arturo

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE OMEGA
Thanks leighC for your time and effort to answer, yes a v6, no I don't think battery, as it was ok till I flattened it trying to start the car, I got the families mechanic that we always use to tow it to his workshop he said he would have quick look at but he hasn't been able to yet, (usually it's a 2-3 week wait list to get it booked in) I didn't think he would have the time to, but the thing is I had to know quite urgently as we have a fur baby waiting to be fed I couldn't really wait, so know it's been 2 days since break down and our fur baby hasn't been fed, didn't have enough cash till I get paid late tonight, to hire a car to get back, but sorted now, heading back tomorrow the 9th, still no word bout car, will keep you updated on what the problem is when mechanic has looked at it

LeighC

Reaction score
Members Ride
Omega V Commodore V6 Dual Fuel
Thanks leighC for your time and effort to answer, yes a v6, no I don't think battery, as it was ok till I flattened it trying to start the car, I got the families mechanic that we always use to tow it to his workshop he said he would have quick look at but he hasn't been able to yet, (usually it's a 2-3 week wait list to get it booked in) I didn't think he would have the time to, but the thing is I had to know quite urgently as we have a fur baby waiting to be fed I couldn't really wait, so know it's been 2 days since break down and our fur baby hasn't been fed, didn't have enough cash till I get paid late tonight, to hire a car to get back, but sorted now, heading back tomorrow the 9th, still no word bout car, will keep you updated on what the problem is when mechanic has looked at it
No worries Arturo, it would be nice to get that flat battery on the charger ASAP, as every day it is sulphating & losing capacity & life, it has to be charged at some point to diagnose anyway. Cheers

Arturo

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE OMEGA
Thnx m8, yea Cameron (our mechanic) got it happening, cheers man, I called him him at 3pm West Oz time they still haven't had time to check it out, but this month he has alot of contract work with the, 5 o, and another government department