Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

2007 VE GTS or 2013 VF SSV REDLINE

markalan1two

Smile and wave boys !!!!
Reaction score
Members Ride
X5 BMW, GenF2 GTS, HSV Y R8, AMG C43
gts will be a better driving experience and will hold its value

markalan1two

Smile and wave boys !!!!
Reaction score
Members Ride
IMHO definitely go for the newer VF. It will also be less expensive to run.
Before you decide get a quote from your insurance company on the premiums for both of these cars. I suspect you will be blown away on the premium price you will have to pay to insure the HSV GTS (which you will have to pay out every year) plus your maintenance cost will be somewhat higher. So is the older GTS versus the latest VF worth the extra presentation value because both cars will do exactly the same job for you.

Now that these HSVs are out of production is it going to be possible to access the HSV parts needed to repair one of these cars if you are unlucky enough to be hit by another car in say 2 years time and you need to replace the HSV parts?
car company's have to supply parts for 10 years after production ends, service cost are the pretty much the same, insurance depending on your age is pretty much the same. I have a GTS genf which i got after a my14 Redline and the difference in insurance cost was $25

Last edited:

ADAMI

Reaction score
Members Ride
ve or vf currently deciding
Went the Ve hsv Gts guys. Very nice and ticks the boxes. Pickup tomorrow. Can't wait, hahaha and thanks 4 the valid opinions. Cheers

Big_Simmo

Deep Blue Cranberry
Reaction score
Members Ride
2016 Series 2 SSV Redline Ute
congrats on the new pickup..
Best post some pics once you have it home

07GTS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VEGTS BUILT BLOWN E85
Went the Ve hsv Gts guys. Very nice and ticks the boxes. Pickup tomorrow. Can't wait, hahaha and thanks 4 the valid opinions. Cheers
good choice :D i had the same situation a few years back my 07 GTS i have now or a brand new 2011 SS so glad i got the GTS

markalan1two

Smile and wave boys !!!!
Reaction score
Members Ride
great choice you won't regret it!! now just enjoy it

ADAMI

Reaction score
Members Ride
ve or vf currently deciding
Thanks guys. Will chuck up some pics once i give her a good detail and finish a couple small fix ups. Need 2 sets of keys as it only came with one and that one is falling to bits. Front spoiler is also booked in for a repair. Just a small repair from the previous owner otherwise very straight clean honest car. Oil level sensor needs done also. But will get thru my list of things. Anyone know the best place to get keys done?