Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

2007 WM Grange - Walkinshaw Performance

WM Grange

Reaction score
Members Ride
WM Grange E1
About 8 months ago I sold my VX S-pac and upgraded to a V8 - 2007 WM Grange.

Colour: Red Passion

Current Modifications:
  • Walkinshaw Performance OTR Cold Air Intake
  • Walkinshaw Performance ECU
  • Walkinshaw Performance Headers - Tuned Length 4 into 1 Headers
  • Walkinshaw Performance 3" Catalytic Converters
  • Walkinshaw Performance 2.5" Catback Exhaust - Stepped 3" into 2.5"
  • Walkinshaw Performance Lowered Spring Kit - Compatible with MRC suspension (17mm from ground)
  • Pioneer Amplifier - GM-A5602 (Mounted on roof of boot)
  • Pioneer 12" Subwoofer - 308D4SB (In boot)
  • iPhone 5+ Power Supply and AUX Input re-wired to 'front folding compartment'
  • Short 'stubby' roof antenna

Future Modifications:
  • Walkinshaw Performance Camshaft -OR- VCM Cam Package
  • E3 Headunit Upgrade

Part of the reason I wanted to make this post was to get new ideas and suggestions on how to set my Grange apart from the rest, so if you have any ideas/suggestions please post them here!

Here are some pictures to begin with and I will post more throughout the thread.

The Old and the New together:
ueiF9OW.jpg

Right after a wash:
bwDlWbj.png

New Walkinshaw Exhaust & Badge - Exhaust extended 1 Inch to line up tips perfectly:
4tsqevv.png

Looking forward to your feedback & suggestions!

Last edited:

SnowDoggyDogg

2ltr? = Only milk & juice
Reaction score
Members Ride
Gen F GTS
Thing looks mint! Honestly you'd be hard pressed to improve upon it but I'd say you could get the black cap side view mirror covers with the indicators in them, puddle lights, upgrade the interior control unit with one of those alpine touch screen ones, and possible the E3 SV rims in gunmetal grey to compliment your red beauty.
Enjoy her!
Edit: twin turbo setup on e85 with a low torque cam to suit. Wolf in a sheep skin suit.

Last edited:

C B

Reaction score
Members Ride
04 VY II Storm Ute
Looks very clean mate :thumbsup:

I'd say go lower, different HSV wheels, remove tow bar, uhh yeah :p

WM Grange

Reaction score
Members Ride
WM Grange E1
Thanks guys and good suggestions!

The black mirror caps would look nice especially with puddle lamps & indicators in them, are these the ones you had in mind?
As for the headunit, do you mean the E3 touchscreen upgrade? If so I was planning on getting this done eventually and I will add it to my list above.
And as for the twin turbo, this would be far down the track!! and I did have my eye on the Walkinshaw supercharger.

I am a big fan of the E3 SV rims, however my dad has them on his E3 Maloo in gunmetal grey so I'd prefer something a bit different. I was even thinking of getting the current rims sprayed gunmetal grey.
At the moment the springs are as low as they can be without losing the MRC (Magnetic Ride Control) feature, though I do agree and would love it to be lower especially in the rear.
I believe the rear bar was cut during the towbar install by the previous owner and unless there's a cap or something I would need to replace the whole rear bar (which does have a few scratches anyway).

Last edited:

AD07

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE CALAIS V 6.0
Just something for the auto as well.....look at a deep dish pan to stop any flaring between gears.

VS_Pete

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE II SV6 MY12 SPORTWAGON
Great looking ride mate

Mike Litherous

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE ssv
Looks great.
I have the walkinshaw headers/exhaust and it is a great compromise on noise.

A good modification to consider is a lower diff ratio. The standard 2.92 diff is not great for standing start acceleration in a big heavy auto. The Manual ratio of 3.45 would be much better. When I installed a lower ratio in my manual 3.45 to 4.11 it totally transformed the car for the better. The only benifit of the tall diff would be to load up the drivetrain if using a twin screw supercharger.

WM Grange

Reaction score
Members Ride
WM Grange E1
Looks great.
I have the walkinshaw headers/exhaust and it is a great compromise on noise.

A good modification to consider is a lower diff ratio. The standard 2.92 diff is not great for standing start acceleration in a big heavy auto. The Manual ratio of 3.45 would be much better. When I installed a lower ratio in my manual 3.45 to 4.11 it totally transformed the car for the better. The only benifit of the tall diff would be to load up the drivetrain if using a twin screw supercharger.

Good point, I have been interested in a different ratio diff for such a heavy car. Does this one match your description?

WM Grange

Reaction score
Members Ride
WM Grange E1
Could anyone who has upgraded their VE with a 3.45 LSD please tell me if its a straight fit?