Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

200amp circuit breakers

senrta

Reaction score
I'm performing a battery relocation and have been recommended to install a circuit breaker on the main battery line, however I'm having trouble finding one to buy. Stinger go up to 150amp and AERPRO 140amp. Has anyone done anything like this?

Ren

Garth

Your guess is as good as mine......
Reaction score
Website
www.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
100 series Toyota Landcruiser V8 monster
waste of time

why do you want a circuit breaker of 200amp? that is a lot of current for a battery, dont forget, a alternator only has a outward forward current rating of anywhere between 50 to 70 amps after the diode, 200 is realy overkill. you dont sit in the car and add up current rating on fuses. i wouldnt worry about a circuit breaker on a car. all circuit breaker's do is offer protection agains short circuits. it dosnt mater on a car as it's dc, if a short happens, it will increase current at the drop of a hat and blow fuses anyway's

EVL253

i hate cops!
Reaction score
Members Ride
cranky black VB SLE
im guessing he means for the main battery line. i dont run one on mine.

but if u r worried u can get an old clapper solenoid from a V8 ford and use this.these only switch current thru the big wire to start the car and dont have current any other time apart from when the key ison start position. u then use something lik 8 guage wire to provide power to the front of the car for any other time.8 guage is rated at 85 amps and its a lot eaiserto get a fuse this size

hako

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS11 BT1 V6
My son had a 140amp circuit breaker fitted to a VERY heavy cable running from the battery into the cabin, under the seats and to a VERY BIG amplifier in the boot. One night someone slid the seat forward and cut thru the cable resulting in a short curcuit and immediate engine kill and lights out. Then the circuit breaker popped and lights came back and engine started immediately. If he didn't have that breaker then the battery would be destroyed plus the vehicle may have caught fire.

Tasmaniak

Not a valid input....
Reaction score
Website
www.ranjinstallations.com.au
Members Ride
VR Stato, C180 Kompressor, Prado and Ka
*jumps up and down and swears like a trooper*
FUSE EVERYTHING
a circuit breaker is fine as well, but you NEED protection. It is a little bit of extra work for something that will probably never happen, BUT you will be sorry if it does.