Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

2010 sv6 cats

ginga jimmy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Omega Ute
Cheers for the response. Nope, I don't have a scan tool unfortunately.. After replacing the sensors I took it to Holden and I thought they would check that stuff for me, but they just told me it needed a new cat and that there was no software upgrade for that model. Of course once I had the cat replaced (not by them) it didn't fix the issue. I will see if I can get someone to check the live data for me..

syked

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
2011 WM Caprice
No worries.
I've seen those adaptors help in the past because they have a mini cat in them so the sensor is fooled and it prevents those codes from appearing. Well worth the $40 odd dollars each in my opinion.

ginga jimmy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Omega Ute
No worries.
I've seen those adaptors help in the past because they have a mini cat in them so the sensor is fooled and it prevents those codes from appearing. Well worth the $40 odd dollars each in my opinion.

Yep, I think they might be the go if I can't sort this out.. thanks for the tip!

tomsan

Reaction score
Members Ride
Omega VE series 2 LPG sedan
I have exactly same problem. Tried swapping pre and post o2 sensors. Still get P0430 both in LPG and petrol. Tried putting mini adapter from ebay to rear bank 2(passenger side) o2 sensor. Didn't work at all. Haven't done anything to CAT gaskets don't even know if my car comes with gasket.

syked

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
2011 WM Caprice
Pre cat and post cat sensors are different so you can't go swapping them.
You can only swap sides for example right rear to left rear and that will tell you if the error follows the sensor or stays on the same side.

Have you checked for physical damage to the cars and exhaust manifold including cracks and bends?

Have you checked live data on a scan tool?

tomsan

Reaction score
Members Ride
Omega VE series 2 LPG sedan
Pre cat and post cat sensors are different so you can't go swapping them.
You can only swap sides for example right rear to left rear and that will tell you if the error follows the sensor or stays on the same side.

Have you checked for physical damage to the cars and exhaust manifold including cracks and bends?

Have you checked live data on a scan tool?
Sorry my English yes swamped the way you said. Will check for cracks.