Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

2011 SV6 Air noise when i back off in 1st gear @3200 rpm.

Something_Wrong

Reaction score
Members Ride
2011 Sv6 Sports Wagon
Ok
Here is my cars little annoying sound.

When i pull out of a side street in to a main road and i accelerate quick but no more than enough to get up to the same speed as the traffic 60km, I am not flooring it just about half throttle. When the car hits about 3,200rpm and i back off i get a air rushing sound coming from the air vents of the car. the sound last for about 2 secs.

I have tried it heaps of times and it only happens if i back off while the car is still in first gear, if it shifts to 2nd and i lift my foot the noise does not appear to happen.

I have not tried it in sports mode yet.

2011 SV6 Auto Sportswagon 15,000km.

jamesmp

The Photo Journalist
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
Members Ride
MY12 VE Commodore SS
My MY10 SV6 Manual Sedan has done that too, on occasion, so I think it's just a VE thing.

Something_Wrong

Reaction score
Members Ride
2011 Sv6 Sports Wagon
It bugs the crap out of me, looks like i wont have this car that long then

stirringaxe

Reaction score
Members Ride
I wonder if it has something to do with a vacuum leak. Aren't all the heater valves actuated with vacuum from the engine ? Could be way off the mark but that's what reading your post made me think of ???

pjdm1980

Shut up Jr I'm thinkin!
Reaction score
Members Ride
E1 GTS BUILD NO# 007, GQ Patrol.
Have you had it back to the dealer?

Something_Wrong

Reaction score
Members Ride
2011 Sv6 Sports Wagon
Today i dropped my car off for its 15k service, Noted the noise which the service advisor could clearly hear.

Just had Holden ring me and they think it was low oil as it was very low (Not sure if it showed on the dipstick) Once they did the service they could not get it to do it again., Holden will now be doing a oil consumption test every 3000km to see what the consumption is. Teh car is March built 2011 SV6 Auto Sportswagon.

They did the IQ upgrade / recall at the same time.

Will be picking it up later this afternoon so will see how it is, i hope it doesnt consume oil as i will be very pissed off.

Something_Wrong

Reaction score
Members Ride
2011 Sv6 Sports Wagon
Ok so have now picked the car up, Noise seems to be gone. The service advisor said i had just over 4ltrs in my car when it should have been closer to 5.5ltrs.

The low oil affects a actuator of the car or something and this causes the vacuum noise, He also said 2nd car this month with the noise.

So my car consumes 1.4ltrs in 12,000km since i had the first service at 3000km. Have not notices a oily film on the back of the car or the exhaust.

Last edited:

jamesmp

The Photo Journalist
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
Members Ride
MY12 VE Commodore SS
My SV6 also consumed a few litres of oil prior to 30,000km. Give it time to settle down.

Phantom6 SportWagon

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 MY10 SIDI Sportwagon
sidi Sv6 MY10 ive just clicked 29500kms and i check my fluids weekly and i havnt had to fill up any of the fluids since new.
Odd problem hope it is fixed now