Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

2011 VE SS S2 Clock problem

iluvnorks

Reaction score
Members Ride
2004 VY & 2013 Ford Ranger 4X4
Just wondering if anyone else out there have noticed a problem with their clocks?
I set mine and gradually over a period of time it gains time. So far its gained about 5 minutes over a 10 week period.
Would that be an update issue or a replacement of iq system?
Seems a bit strange to me... :hmmm:

Also ive been hearing a noise (vibration) coming from the front left. It doesnt happen on a cold start up but, if i drive for 5 minutes and go to the shops, on start up it will do it.
I reckon its something to do with the ABS but im not sure. Its still under warranty so ill be dropping it off to get sussed but im just curious what others think..

Zerone_V

Reaction score
Members Ride
Lexus IS350 (SL)
If you have the optional sat nav system, then you can sync the hour/minutes using GPS, which keeps things nice and accurate.
I don't know if there is a software fix for inaccurate time, and I think you would have a very hard time trying to convince Holden that this is a warranty (Replacement IQ) issue.
Its not something that I would want to rip out and replace an IQ unit for, as the amount of trim pieces that need to be loosen / come out to replace the unit means there is a high possibility of breaking trim clips, and things not fitting back quite right.
(And introducing new dash rattles, and other niggling problems).

It wont hurt trying though.
As for the vibration from the front left, definitely point this out to Holden.
Its hard to tell what the problem may be (Tyre / wheel, suspension, or something else), but its definitely worth investigating.

I hope this helps.

gino001

Reaction score
Members Ride
2004 vy 5.7l ss Commodore
It's not the owners fault the clock is gaining time. There is a problem there and if Holden wan to replace it or not they have no choice as that's what warranty is for.

aaronevolution

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
TURISMO VZ SS 6.0
My VZ does the same thing. I just change it back when it gets too far out and annoys me.

Zerone_V

Reaction score
Members Ride
Lexus IS350 (SL)
It's not the owners fault the clock is gaining time. There is a problem there and if Holden wan to replace it or not they have no choice as that's what warranty is for.
Its worth a shot, and you are correct, it is a warranty item...

However if Holden wish to hold on to the vehicle for a week or so to test, and determine what part is faulty, and replace the said part, without compensating the owner for the loss of the vehicle during this time,
(Including any travel expenses that may be incurred by the owner, or immediate relatives during this time), then that is also well within Holden's rights to do so....

Likewise if a more serious problem occurs later on due to Holden ripping out the center console trim, (transmission trim, cup holders, radio surround, upper console trim piece, IQ fascia, IQ main unit, reprogramming the IQ main unit, and refitting all these bits and pieces together), then again, if this occurs during the warranty period, then Holden are again within their rights to do the exact same thing as above.
Seeing how easy it is to refit this pieces with broken or missing clips, missing screws, and misaligned trim bits, I would almost suggest that the cure may be more problematic than the original symptom.

Speaking from experience, changing the IQ main unit or fascia will not correct the problem. A software update ?? might ?? however I have not seen and service bulletins that have advised of a software fix for an inaccurate clock.

So as I said above, its worth a shot, but I wouldn't hold my breath for a solution.

swingn_wasabi

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE S2 SS-V Redline Ute
I had a similar problem, but have set the GPS to sort the clock & all has been good :)

gavpav

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY16 SSV Redline W375
I have a SV6 MY12 and my clock also jumps, about a minute every two weeks. More an annoyance than anything else. I am getting very quick at resetting it. Hopefully it will be sorted on the VF

iluvnorks

Reaction score
Members Ride
2004 VY & 2013 Ford Ranger 4X4
Thanks for the replys fella's..
After reading what Zerone said im having secound thoughts. Ive 99% of times got my phone on me so the time factor isn't really a huge worry but i'll mention it to Holden anyway when i get my vibration mystery sorted out.

I had a similar problem, but have set the GPS to sort the clock & all has been good :)

Unfortunately i dont have the SatNav setup on mine so no go there

Sean880

Reaction score
Members Ride
2012 VE SV6 ser 2 and 911 Porsche Carrera S 997
Just wondering if anyone else out there have noticed a problem with their clocks?
I set mine and gradually over a period of time it gains time. So far its gained about 5 minutes over a 10 week period.
Would that be an update issue or a replacement of iq system?
Seems a bit strange to me... :hmmm:

Also ive been hearing a noise (vibration) coming from the front left. It doesnt happen on a cold start up but, if i drive for 5 minutes and go to the shops, on start up it will do it.
I reckon its something to do with the ABS but im not sure. Its still under warranty so ill be dropping it off to get sussed but im just curious what others think..

Yes mine gains time and my car is only 7 months old. Don't know by how much each month because I have never bothered re-setting it since I purchased the car. I could not care less either and certainly will not be bothering Holden about it as long as everything else keeps working.

I have this new fangled device called a watch. It is a gismo that tells me the time accurately. Wow. Then there is this other gismo that tells the time called a mobile phone that just about everyone I see carries around with them like it's a body part.

If Holden cannot even get the electronics to work in a manner that allows a simple electronic clock to work accurately then you have to wonder how reliable all the new electronic gear will be in the VF they are sounding off about. I suspect it will not be too reliable but we shall see.