Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

2011 VE SS Voodoo Blue

Invergarry

Reaction score
Members Ride
2011 VE SS
Hi all, i have just recently joined JC. I have just bought myself a nice Voodoo Blue SS semi auto AFM, and have never been happier. Im looking forward to gathering information on performance enhancements for my car. A few things on my list so far are:

A set of nice wheels
Exhaust upgrade
CAI

Here is a picture of my very stock VE SS

Attachments

• crop steves SS.jpg
    crop steves SS.jpg
    122.4 KB · Views: 1,772

Shm1ck

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 Thunder Ute
Welcome mate, I'm sure you will find all you need!

Love the Voodoo!

Invergarry

Reaction score
Members Ride
2011 VE SS
Thanks mate for the welcome. Yeah I love the Voodoo blue. I am enjoying the forum and the wealth of knowledge here about these cars.

Calais-V

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS, VE Calais-V Series II
The car looks great mate, by far its my favourite colour of all the Commodores. For a CAI go VCM, for any exhaust speak to a forum member called Not_Another_Abba_Fan (NAAF) he is the cheapest and can provide a great system. For the love of god don't put xforce on it.

Shorty33

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Omega sedan 3.0 2010
Welcome to JC. I have a Voodoo Omega sedan. I agree that it's a nice colour, but so is Poison Ivy, and the red and yellow varieties (dunno the technical names).

The only "mods" on my car is the tow-bar. I choose to spend my extra cash on ULP & motels, driving my beloved VE around this great country, enjoying the sights.
But we can all make our own choices.

crackpot77

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
ssv 6.0L
Welcome to the forum Invergary, glad you've chosen to go 8. If your looking to do future modifications look for HPF in Melbourne or Gm Motorsport in Melton, Fonzi the owner knows his stuff as many a people have come back to him to tune vehicle after vehicle. Word of advice... stay away from backyard jobs unless you want it to cost you more in the future. I would only let professionals work on my car and I assume so would you.

crackpot77

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
ssv 6.0L
The car looks great mate, by far its my favourite colour of all the Commodores. For a CAI go VCM, for any exhaust speak to a forum member called Not_Another_Abba_Fan (NAAF) he is the cheapest and can provide a great system. For the love of god don't put xforce on it.

Cheapest ain't the greatest... I'd stay away from backyard jobs Calais-V

Calais-V

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS, VE Calais-V Series II
NAAF is highly highly respected in this forum community. He has his own shop in WA so it is hardly a 'backyard job'

I know you're new so I just thought you should know this information.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 4

Invergarry

Reaction score
Members Ride
2011 VE SS
Thanks all for the warm welcome and advise. This is the reason I joined JC for all of you guys who have modded, ported, shaved, reamed, cleaned, stroked, turboed, supercharged, etc etc etc for your valuable advise and knowledge. I will strive to do the right thing to my car and not waste money with 2nd guessing.

cheers

crackpot77

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
ssv 6.0L
Do you know how many exhaust centres I've been to that are a bunch of thieving no good shifty assed pricks who if they don't make money on a job would alternatively burst engine mounts, cut hoses and adjust cambers because they can't rip off a customer?

So why ask Invergarry to get an exhaust system installed at naaf in the first place? The bloke lives in Melbourne, what's naaf gonna do, fly him there via his hurcules n back?

Just thought you should know that...