Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

2012 VE SSV S2 Ute exhaust price seems really cheap

SSexy-1

Reaction score
Members Ride
2012 VE SSV Series 2 Ute
Yeah I did, Xforce only lasted a couple of years using e85. Mellow sound, no brainer sale at $750 fitted on the delivery checklist versus rustproofing and paint protection. However with the benefit of hindsight and a lot of effort in customisation to the car's performance, I'd invest $2000-2500 in a fully planned stainless system with brilliant headers, cats, x-pipe and bimodals.
Get a basic tune, and you will see a huge difference in power, comfort, fuel economy and sound.

i dont think id use the e85 as there isnt many around the central coast, i think ive seen 1 united selling it.
yeah ive been searching/ listening to so many exhaust clips on youtube trying to find the right on and on here. and now am still trying to make up my mind. ive heard a couple of nice sounding Xforce exhausts with cams done. and a few of each brand exhaust!!
cant seem to make up my mind. plus i dont want to spend a whole lot of money on an exhaust. i basically want a good sounding exhaust on a medium budget

PIR4TE

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
Black Pearl
Best deal is to get a set of Wildcat headers which come with HFC for $1000. Stainless 2.5" Xforce catback for $1100.
Here's what I found (you need to listen through system with sub/lfe or headphones to appreciate it, else just turn up a bit):
[video=youtube_share;iAqNOVsxzNo]http://youtu.be/iAqNOVsxzNo[/video]

SSexy-1

Reaction score
Members Ride
2012 VE SSV Series 2 Ute
Best deal is to get a set of Wildcat headers which come with HFC for $1000. Stainless 2.5" Xforce catback for $1100.
Here's what I found:
[video=youtube_share;iAqNOVsxzNo]http://youtu.be/iAqNOVsxzNo[/video]

yeah very nice mate. everything seems too complicated. stuff it, wont buy any exhaust, just sell the V8 ute and buy a hyundai excel

SSexy-1

Reaction score
Members Ride
2012 VE SSV Series 2 Ute
Nice car :banstick:

ha yeah, gotta think about it again, may even look at a manta system, and will pm NAAF about one, just dont like the exhaust tips on them, they look like the stock SSV ones

Ian Johnston

Reaction score
Members Ride
2015 Subaru Forester, XR6 turbo ute.
Why dont you just fit an Xforce mild steel cat back, see if you like it, then down the track if you want, you can change it, and it hasnt cost heaps.
I have a mild steel Xforce 2.5" on my VE GTS, and its OK for what it is. Under $900 fitted. Been on for 2 1/2 years without an issue.

SSexy-1

Reaction score
Members Ride
2012 VE SSV Series 2 Ute
Why dont you just fit an Xforce mild steel cat back, see if you like it, then down the track if you want, you can change it, and it hasnt cost heaps.
I have a mild steel Xforce 2.5" on my VE GTS, and its OK for what it is. Under $900 fitted. Been on for 2 1/2 years without an issue.

that was the other option, but then i have wasted $900 i could have spent on a better exhaust, don't get me wrong it could turn me around if i got the 2.5" M/S and loved it then wont need to spend too much more money to complete, its more of a gamble isn't it. there is so many posts by people telling you to avoid Xforce all together, then the same amount pushing you towards them, lol IDK! maybe ill give it another 2 weeks or so that way i can have more money to spend on a better exhaust or have made up my mind on the Xforce.
thanks for your input though, kinda helps a little

splcrazy

Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV GEN-F VF CLUBSPORT SV 340
mild steel will sound better and louder while its still new then after a few months it will tone down a bit . i had a custom made mild steel catback on my last car for 9 years without any problems . ive also had stainless steel catbacks on other cars ive had , and they only really ever sounded better once they got hot after a bit of driving , and they have a very distinctive sound against mildsteel .

glennho

Reaction score
Members Ride
2006 VE SS -1977 HX Premier,2012 Hilux 4x4
ive had my mild steel exhaust on my car now for 4 years with no problems with rusting.I painted the whole exhaust black before fitting but that wont stop rusting from the inside. if you drive your car long enough to properly warm the exhaust up and rid the inside of condensation/moisture you should be all good for quite a few years with mild steel.

SSexy-1

Reaction score
Members Ride
2012 VE SSV Series 2 Ute
mild steel will sound better and louder while its still new then after a few months it will tone down a bit . i had a custom made mild steel catback on my last car for 9 years without any problems . ive also had stainless steel catbacks on other cars ive had , and they only really ever sounded better once they got hot after a bit of driving , and they have a very distinctive sound against mildsteel .

9 years sounds pretty good to me! maybe mild steel is the way to go. when you say they have a very distinctive sound againt mild steel, what do you mean?