Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

2012 VE SV6 LFX supercharger

SV6 325

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE II SV6
Have just installed an IPF supercharger kit on my SV6. Kit is made for the Camaro but fitted in nicely with some minor mods. The kit came complete including a tune. End result is a daily driver with awesome KW's.

Attachments

• installed.jpg
    installed.jpg
    72.1 KB · Views: 2,474
  • catch can.jpg
    catch can.jpg
    68 KB · Views: 2,025
  • intercooler.jpg
    intercooler.jpg
    64.2 KB · Views: 2,099
  • mount.jpg
    mount.jpg
    67.2 KB · Views: 2,004
  • Bracket mod.jpg
    Bracket mod.jpg
    81.2 KB · Views: 2,167
  • SV6.jpg
    SV6.jpg
    40.7 KB · Views: 2,166

vongy10

Reaction score
Members Ride
CV8 Monaro V2
Nice to finally see a supercharged late model V6 commy here. How much power is it putting down?

AirStrike

Reaction score
Members Ride
91' VN SS
Generic tune on a boosted setup.......................................................lawl

bretto86

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Ute
Have to agree with above. If there's any way you can get a custom tune for YOUR setup do it.
Mail order tunes aer a bit of a risk at the best of times IMHO. Maybe OK for exhaust & CAI packages, etc but not much more.
Not to mention it sounds like this tune is from the US so based on their fuels & whatnot...

Are the specs from the Camaro engine identical to your engine?

SV6 325

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE II SV6
Have to agree with above. If there's any way you can get a custom tune for YOUR setup do it.
Mail order tunes aer a bit of a risk at the best of times IMHO. Maybe OK for exhaust & CAI packages, etc but not much more.
Not to mention it sounds like this tune is from the US so based on their fuels & whatnot...

Are the specs from the Camaro engine identical to your engine?

LFX engine is the same as Camaro , as is the chassis. I think the ECU was the same but the US tune would not load into my ECU. For the tune had to do a SPS replace and reprogram procedure to get the tuning files which went to Germany to do my tune. I have to run 91 octane as a minimum.

Can do a custom tune with HP tuners, but by all accounts the IPF tune is tried and tested.

AirStrike

Reaction score
Members Ride
91' VN SS
There isn't lower than 91 octane unleaded in Australia, I think your confusing the US system with ours. No way I would run 91 on a charged setup.
Why would you stuff around sending files to Germany rather than just getting it tuned?

bretto86

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Ute
Think you might find that is 91MON (US rate petrol grades differently) which is equivalent to 98RON, being BP ultimate, etc..

SV6 325

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE II SV6
I'm running 98. Tune was part of the deal, didn't see the need for fork out +$1000 straight up

AirStrike

Reaction score
Members Ride
91' VN SS
Have you at least had it on a dyno to check AFR's?