Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

2013 evoke sportwgon no reverse camera guidelines

marky_85

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN Calais V8
Hi just wandering if anyone can help out wether there is a setting or something to put on reverse camera guidelines? In the for sale photos of the car there was a photo with them on the screen. Cheers!

wetwork65

A wet business
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Wagon & VF SV6 Wagon
Should be in Mylink settings if the car is late 2014 onwards. Will need to dig down through the menu to find the setting. If not probably needs a software update (like I had done on mine when I bought it).

marky_85

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN Calais V8
Ok no worries mate, mine is 2013 so I guess it won't be in settings. Can I ask how you went about about getting a software update and it it costed? Thanks

wetwork65

A wet business
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Wagon & VF SV6 Wagon
Hi - I got this done when I bought the car in 2015 as part of the deal. My car is Jan 2014 build. I asked for the update and a proper spare wheel which they agreed to (easily as I recall so must have wanted to shift the car!). I have heard varying reports on the cost but suggest that you get it done as part of the next service at a dealership. They may chuck in in for free, if you take it the the selling dealer for service, really it costs them very little to actually do it.

bradsm87

Reaction score
Members Ride
Not a Commodore
Mine was $150 to update. I found out later that the car was still under extended Holden warranty so I could have just brought it in for "the bluetooth is playing up with my new phone".

Liam.fennell

Reaction score
Members Ride
2013 commodore evoke sportwagon
Hey mark, got any updates on it, did you end up getting the guidelines? I have the same car and wanting them aswell

VFSV6FORME

Reaction score
Members Ride
WN Caprice V 6.0L, VE Anniversity V6 Series 1
Had to update the My Link update to get them (2013 my14 car) and after this I had the Grid lines but I think after the update you have a option of turning them off if you dont like them. At the same time get you MAPs updated to very last maps for the VF series

Liam.fennell

Reaction score
Members Ride
2013 commodore evoke sportwagon
I don’t have the grid line but really want them in my 2013 evoke sportwagon but I don’t have maps either so idk if I will get them, I’m taking it down to my Holden dealer cause I rang them and they said they might be able to it, how do u have maps on the 2013 evoke?

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
Regal Peackock VF SS-V Redline Wagoon
He's got a Caprice, Liam, I think he forgot some of the rest of us don't have SatNav. :)

They are two totally different things, the SatNav maps are something that you normally have to pay Holden for, but the software upgrade for the car (which includes the guide-lines) doesn't really have a "price" because it really should be installed whenever needed. It may be a fight to get the dealer to install it because the car isn't under warranty and there's nothing "broken" which would be fixed by installing the software update.
BUT - if it were me, I would still ask.

Geoff6666

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vf 1 SSV UTE 6M Phantom
If you say you have "connection issues" with your iPhone, the fix for that also adds the grid lines.