Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

2013 sv6 wagon immobiliser/computer problem

Macdj

Reaction score
Members Ride
Sv6 wagon 2013
Our Sv6 2013 wagon has developed an issue connected to the function of the immobiliser in relation to the computer. The car goes into limp mode while driving, this can be after the car is running fine for 2 hours?!? It’s been deemed dangerous to drive so has been at our local dealership for over 3 months waiting for a part from the U.S. Apparently this problem is unique to our car…. Anyone else out there with a similar problem? Cheers M

Z31na

Reaction score
Members Ride
2013 VF Commodore Evoke
Can you get the car back and try an independent mechanic? IM group in Melbourne do either exchange on these type of modules or can test and rebuild your originals. Their happy to chat to anyone but you'll have to find someone who has an account with them to buy because they wont sell direct to public.

Read that your in New Zealand after typing that out. Probably would be easier to ask if they have anyone in your region that you could take it too.

Martbar

Reaction score
Members Ride
2016 VF Series 2 SSV Redline.
Mate, l see that you're in Auckland
Intermittent immobilizer issues can be problematic and difficult to sort. Batteries in the car and the remotes need to be fully charged. Then you can have can bus issues between the keys, immobilizer and the E.C.U & B.C.M. A good sparky with a decent high end interface (scan tool) should be able to fix it.
As in the above post, l would be getting a second opinion.
Good luck.

panhead

Reaction score
Members Ride
Cars
It’s been deemed dangerous to drive so has been at our local dealership for over 3 months waiting for a part from the U.S. Apparently this problem is unique to our car….

I admire your patience as I could never live with that.

Did they explain why limp mode is dangerous as I've had that occur a few times over the years and it means just that, you can only drive the vehicle in limp mode to protect it.

The first time is happened to me the dealership said it was okay to drive it over and they'd look at it.

The car was only a couple of months old and they said I had done too many mods to it and they weren't going to touch it, after a 5 minute argument they changed their mind and a couple of hours later they phoned me to say it was ready for pickup, it was a throttle body problem which I never had happen again.

I agree with what has already been said, take the vehicle from the dealer and have it diagnosed by someone else.

Macdj

Reaction score
Members Ride
Sv6 wagon 2013
Our Sv6 2013 wagon has developed an issue connected to the function of the immobiliser in relation to the computer. The car goes into limp mode while driving, this can be after the car is running fine for 2 hours?!? It’s been deemed dangerous to drive so has been at our local dealership for over 3 months waiting for a part from the U.S. Apparently this problem is unique to our car…. Anyone else out there with a similar problem? Cheers M
Just to add to my post, the car has already been to 2 independent mechanics/auto sparkys… they thought it was the chips in the keys, $1000 later… still happened.

krusing

Well-Known Member, Possibly for the wrong reasons
Reaction score
Members Ride
2002 VY L67 Calais Sedan, 2012 VE L77 Calais Wagon
Just to add to my post, the car has already been to 2 independent mechanics/auto sparkys… they thought it was the chips in the keys, $1000 later… still happened.

How the #%^} can people charge that, and the issue is not fixed ?

wetwork65

A wet business
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Wagon & VF SV6 Wagon
How the #%^} can people charge that, and the issue is not fixed ?
I've had sparkies try this on me - charging big$ for no outcome. With them saying "dunno what it is, never seen it before" and spout some absolute bullshit.
Yeah nah, I'll pay for some of their time, but that's it.