Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

2015 VF SV6

Alexander Codey

Reaction score
Members Ride
2015 Holden Commodore SV6 wagon storm
Hi guys, sorry I’m new to this website, I have recently got a second hand 2015 sv6 Storm wagon with 192,000 from a mixed brand second hand car yard the engine light has come on since the drive home reading ( running lean in bank 1) it’s got a slight rough idle giving a bit of vibration ( slight knocks almost as what it feels like sitting in it on idle) I’ve been told to put 2 tanks of 98 through it which I am on my second tank plus using injector cleaner……. Problem doesn’t seem to be going away? Has anyone had the same issues?

greenacc

Searching for the billion
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Berlina
Hi guys, sorry I’m new to this website, I have recently got a second hand 2015 sv6 Storm wagon with 192,000 from a mixed brand second hand car yard the engine light has come on since the drive home reading ( running lean in bank 1) it’s got a slight rough idle giving a bit of vibration ( slight knocks almost as what it feels like sitting in it on idle) I’ve been told to put 2 tanks of 98 through it which I am on my second tank plus using injector cleaner……. Problem doesn’t seem to be going away? Has anyone had the same issues?
2 tanks of 98 LoL.
Who gave you that little piece of wisdom?
The issue could be a lot of things. Did the car come with warranty?
If it did and you want them to sort it out you better make an official claim like NOW.
Have you had it serviced since you bought it? If you have a good mechanic I would be getting their opinion straight away. It could be several things ranging from cheap to thousands.

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
Regal Peackock VF SS-V Redline Wagoon
With 192k kms it won’t have warranty, but it’s still worth calling the dealer to see what they say.
Your location being Bowral … the dealer’s in Sydney or Canberra isn’t it? :(

SuperCheap Auto (there’s one in Mittagong) will usually let you borrow their error-code reader (ie. at the shop not to take with you), if you’re SOL with the dealer then maybe try that to get more info. But if you’re happy to take it to an indy workshop, at least this is the most common mechanical combo in existence for a VE/VF so the chance of the mechanic knowing the car pretty well is good.

kleanphil

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SS-V SII Sportwagon
I believe there is 1 month or 1000k Class B warranty with any car over 160 000k bought from a dealer , no doubt they cleared the fault before you took it

Last edited:

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
I believe there is 1 month warranty with any car bought from a dealer , no doubt they cleared the fault before you took it
NSW is 3 months up to 160k kms & 10yrs, but nothing when the car’s over.
However that doesn’t absolve them of absolutely all shady behaviours and you’d still have a reasonable chance with Fair Trading if it happened when driving home from the dealer so they may choose to fix it to avoid that hassle.

kleanphil

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SS-V SII Sportwagon
NSW is 3 months up to 160k kms & 10yrs, but nothing when the car’s over.
However that doesn’t absolve them of absolutely all shady behaviours and you’d still have a reasonable chance with Fair Trading if it happened when driving home from the dealer so they may choose to fix it to avoid that hassle.
I edited to show a Class B stat warranty

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
I edited to show a Class B stat warranty
That’s something I’d never heard of before, although it does make sense … and the NSW RMS site is oddly quiet about it!

It’s good news though, only lasts 1000km so @Alexander Codey definitely get back to that dealer to report the issue ASAP!

kleanphil

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SS-V SII Sportwagon
That’s something I’d never heard of before, although it does make sense … and the NSW RMS site is oddly quiet about it!

It’s good news though, only lasts 1000km so @Alexander Codey definitely get back to that dealer to report the issue ASAP!
My bad, it seems that NSW don't have a Class B warranty but are still covered by ACL MTA NSW . Class B seems to be a QLD thing