Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

2017 SSVR Red Hot

WalshySSVR

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSVR M6
Wow... Sounds like bushes to me to without seeing it, which can respond to a tightening, but not solve the problem if the lube is wrong. Just a point, I have a mate that had a squeak free car, tool it to an event, drove in some water and then had the squeakiest taxi sounding car ever, an overnight change hey, took a total re lube and clean of all the bushes to silence it. BTW when it rained the sounds would dissapate however when it dried out again same squeaky boat sound.
Thanks. Good to know I'm not alone! Half the stress of this stuff is trying to diagnose and explain the problem to the service department so they'll take the right action. On the first visit, I did ask them to just go straight to relubing the bushes, but they just retensioned... Such a waste of time though I understand why they have to go step by step.

Johnwantsmore

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV redline
love the red, was my second choice if i couldnt get a white one.

congrats on the new ride

Redline 2017

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 VF 2 SSV REDLINE
Thanks. Good to know I'm not alone! Half the stress of this stuff is trying to diagnose and explain the problem to the service department so they'll take the right action. On the first visit, I did ask them to just go straight to relubing the bushes, but they just retensioned... Such a waste of time though I understand why they have to go step by step.
If you don't mind, could you keep us up to date with the outcomes,?

EternityDre

Reaction score
Members Ride
MSE #385
Looks amazing mate, especially with those great photos. I can't wait to get my red hot MSE. Question from me, how did you find adjusting to the clutch? Any tips? From my test drives, I found the VF Redline clutch really heavy and difficult.

Ron Burgundy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SS
Nice
Very nice

WalshySSVR

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSVR M6
Looks amazing mate, especially with those great photos. I can't wait to get my red hot MSE. Question from me, how did you find adjusting to the clutch? Any tips? From my test drives, I found the VF Redline clutch really heavy and difficult.
Admittedly, the clutch is very springy and the bite point is quite high up, so it takes a bit of getting used to. I was managing fine after a couple of weeks and very smooth after a couple of months. I hadn't driven a manual for about 5 years, so I was out of practice. Nowadays I don't find the clutch anywhere near as springy, but I'm sure this is because my left leg has just gotten used to it.

I drive in the city all the time, so I was a bit worried whether I made the right choice. But, it's really easy to drive once you're down with the clutch. Can start in second or even third on a downhill slope, which smooths things out. Most importantly, I can just idle along without stalling in second gear at about 10kms, even up a slight incline, such as getting on the Harbour Bridge northbound. So, this makes the peak hour crawl relatively easy to deal with.

WalshySSVR

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSVR M6
If you don't mind, could you keep us up to date with the outcomes,?
On the fourth trip to a dealer, the problem was eventually diagnosed as loose heat shield with stones and branches getting stuck in the open space. This has been fixed and it does seem better.

Most creaking was actually coming from the door seals and sunroof. They weren't able to fix this entirely, despite lubricating the rubbers and realigning the doors and sunroof. This was disappointing.

So, I went home and reapplied some Gummi Pflege myself, including to the sunroof rubbers and flocking. This finally seems to have fixed the "old ship" creaking. It must have been a combination of the door and sunroof realignment plus the Gummi Pflege. I know this because I had tried the Gummi Pflege on its own initially and it didn't fix it.

Hope it doesn't come back, but at least I've isolated the cause and fix. Such a relief to get in a new car and be able to drive it without the annoyance of loud creaking throughout the cabin! I know it's not German saloon, but I still expect a new car to sound and feel like a new car.

Levels of service and responsiveness from Holden dealers and Holden Customer Care was just abominable. They were blaming each other and giving contradictory advice. Hopefully I don't have to go back for anything else!

Redline 2017

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 VF 2 SSV REDLINE
On the fourth trip to a dealer, the problem was eventually diagnosed as loose heat shield with stones and branches getting stuck in the open space. This has been fixed and it does seem better.

Most creaking was actually coming from the door seals and sunroof. They weren't able to fix this entirely, despite lubricating the rubbers and realigning the doors and sunroof. This was disappointing.

So, I went home and reapplied some Gummi Pflege myself, including to the sunroof rubbers and flocking. This finally seems to have fixed the "old ship" creaking. It must have been a combination of the door and sunroof realignment plus the Gummi Pflege. I know this because I had tried the Gummi Pflege on its own initially and it didn't fix it.

Hope it doesn't come back, but at least I've isolated the cause and fix. Such a relief to get in a new car and be able to drive it without the annoyance of loud creaking throughout the cabin! I know it's not German saloon, but I still expect a new car to sound and feel like a new car.

Levels of service and responsiveness from Holden dealers and Holden Customer Care was just abominable. They were blaming each other and giving contradictory advice. Hopefully I don't have to go back for anything else!
Thanks mate, at least it's better for now at least after all that.

panhead

Reaction score
Members Ride
Cars
Can't claim credit for the photos, unfortunately. They were taken by the guy who did the Brila paint protection, which he throws in as part of the job as a nice little extra. The workshop was nowhere near that bright so agree with dgp about the overexposure, etc.

Someone should tell him the paintwork would reflect better if the photos are darker.

Still it's a nice car, it's very hard to beat a black on red combo.

woooo

Reaction score
Members Ride
Multiple
Are those HF20 staggered? How do you find the ride quality. What tyres came with those and do you mind letting me know the tyre load rating on them from factory ? Excellent looking car I'm a fan of the red (of course)!

Last edited: