Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

202 advice.

stroke it

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC,VK, VN
Some just like thier old 6's but hear you, it cost some serious hard earned to get old technology competitive with whats around these days.
Bung in a serious V6 and youll have all the power you need to wrap yourself around a stobie pole with. :)

Trav001

Reaction score
Members Ride
1983 VH SL 3.3 Litre 5 speed, 2002 VY Executive
my Blue motor's fan belt squeals when i get to 3000rpm, it's new and it's done up to the right tention, it only happens when ya hit the accelarator pedal too quick, is this normal?

VHSLX3300

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN S Pac VH SL/X
ok this is offtopic but i dont want to start another thread on the I6. I have in my possestion an LJ Tori which is my first project car. Bought it for $600 and came with XU1 carbys, xu1 brake setup, xu1 diff and a m21 4 speed. Question im wondering is. It has a 173 in it at the moment but im wondering if I should go red 173, 186, 202 or a black 202. if i get any red motors the triple strombergs will be bolted onto it but if i get the black itl add complications such as ADR and EPA etc etc. So any suggestions?

Post Vintage

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN V6 Manual
Keep it like the XU-1's... red 202 with electronic ignition and all the good crap from the blue engine.

edgeyvn

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN Executive V8
Go the red block as said but put the 12 port Blue head on it. Use the hardened valves so you can go unleaded. Electronic ignition is definitely the way to go over points. Unless you can pick up a Yella Terra 9 port red head for it the 12 port Blue head is a better performer.

robbo10

Reaction score
Members Ride
VK/SL 3.3l AUTO SED.
Hi Folks.
So where's this Bryant Engineering Stroke it