Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

20x8.5 and 20x10

jasons sv6

jason
Reaction score
Members Ride
ve ute sv6
ahh you will have to wait and see haha (only because im worried they will look crappy) haha.
However I will find out over the weekend.

astroham

Reaction score
Members Ride
Looking
20x10's look very nice!!! I got 20x10's rear with pedder sl springs and offset is great. Don't think its as low as sssl but i have to roll the guards too cause there is like a finger gap and i can feel the scraping... I think it costs around $100 to roll the guards, correct me if im wrong.

yeah i have had quotes of 60 each to machine roll the guards ... and with the sssl i tuck a little bit of tyre on the rear ... hence the scrubbing ... i had a look at pedders and the lowest they could give me with sports ryder was an inch higher than i now have ... go figure

bladerunner

"needs a bit'a nitrous"
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS UTE & a 71' deltek rockhopper
$100 isnt too bad, or is that per guard? even still not bad.

just be sure the person doing it knows what they are doing. its easy for a shop to get a hub roller attachment and a heat gun and then declare that they do it. iv'e seen some diabolical guard rolling jobs by so called experts.(years spent looking up at cars on hoists), bad warping along the wheel arch and cracked paint are the most common f*** ups, also utes are double skinned on the rear quarters which makes the job are tad harder to do but done right you will never be able to tell from the outside looking down.

jasons sv6

jason
Reaction score
Members Ride
ve ute sv6
interesting blade runner, I dont suppose you know of any reputable companies in the central coast/sydney/newcastle region?
Or anyone for that fact?

bladerunner

"needs a bit'a nitrous"
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS UTE & a 71' deltek rockhopper
interesting blade runner, I dont suppose you know of any reputable companies in the central coast/sydney/newcastle region?
Or anyone for that fact?

No sorry mate well not in those areas anyway. although I have seen a mob called Sydney guard rolling services in various car mags and they come to you from memory. perhaps someone on here might know of someone who's good at it or even used those guys. or keep an eye out for someone with 20x10"s on their VE and ask them where they got it done if they have rolled guards.there's always google if you have no luck. I use a tyre guy up here who's very switched on. on a side note - I was at my local tuner this morn (powertorque/ walkinshaw performance) and they had a VE clubby there with 22x10"s with 295 tyres! Lowered on it's guts with rolled guards.I couldn't get my pinky finger between the tyre and guard. looked mean as on the road but anyway mate goodluck finding someone as I'm sure you will

bonners

Reaction score
Members Ride
Sting SV Black Edition Tourer
My old 20x10's didn't scrub when I had the guards rolled. But my new 20x10's are scrubbing a little so I adjusted the ride height in my coilys ever so slightly and it has stopped. That said the bracket is the culprit and will be modified.

Tyres as usual will depend on your choice. I run Kumho ku31's and pay mid $200's on average per corner

astroham

Reaction score
Members Ride
Looking
My old 20x10's didn't scrub when I had the guards rolled. But my new 20x10's are scrubbing a little so I adjusted the ride height in my coilys ever so slightly and it has stopped. That said the bracket is the culprit and will be modified.

Tyres as usual will depend on your choice. I run Kumho ku31's and pay mid $200's on average per corner

how do you find the kumhos on tyre wear ... also how do you drive your car

bonners

Reaction score
Members Ride
Sting SV Black Edition Tourer
Hmmm.... Not sure what the last sentence implies.....lol

Car is a daily. It gets driven fast and gets taken on cruises. Has also done some mild track work. Compared to my $900/tyre Bridgestones I had, they don't compare. But they are certainly not $600/tyre worst if you get what I mean

Gambel

Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 VE SSV Wagon
sydney guard rolling does an excellent job, done both my mates utes for 60 a corner from memory.

jasons sv6

jason
Reaction score
Members Ride
ve ute sv6
Thanks Gambel I'll give them a buzz when the wheels come in.
do you have a number? Im just being lazy.
=]