Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

247kw? expected or what??

phillmac

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 Sportswagon 2011
Could be wrong but the dyno figures look to be all out to ****. Is there a reliable dyno brand for cars like Dynojet units for bikes.
They are calibrated so close it's amazing yet others are known to give a nice high reading that the customer likes to hear.

'ssv'

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV MY9.5 M6 UTE
They should all be some what reliable if they are properly set up and calibrated.

yorky

Reaction score
Members Ride
ve ss
ok, i started this thread. So, in lay-mans terms.
how do i post a pic and vid up here, please keep it simple.
i'm Aussinese/vb

Foggsy

Reaction score
Members Ride
2011 VE SS Sedan M6
I've posted dyno sheets before when I had bolt ons etc. At some stage ill put the cam dyno sheet up. If it read 277 on a tuners dyno, then when I went to Sams performance for the cam upgrade and on his dyno pre any cam it made 262 (realistic figure for 6L with bolt ons) and then made 318 on sams post cam, I'm thinking its reasonably accurate. At the end of the day it drives awesome and I'm really happy so that over rides any figure in my book.

My work mate also did a cam at sams, same car as me with bolt ons. He went a 220/226 113lsa, aggressive idle but screams all the way to 6800 and does its best work over 4000. He made 328 on sams.

You don't need a big aggressive cam to make good power you just need an engine builder that actually knows what they are doing. However each to their own.

Ill be going to the drags soon with my stock diff and tyres etc so ill let you all know what my tiny camshsft does at Eastern Creek.

Foggsy

Reaction score
Members Ride
2011 VE SS Sedan M6
Sorry Yorky, I didn't respond re rev limiter. Yes the rev limiter has been increased in the tune to either 6500 or 6800. Can't remember which. Definitely 6800 for my mate's.

Foggsy

Reaction score
Members Ride
2011 VE SS Sedan M6
20140316_123857.jpg20140316_123857.jpg
Here's my latest dyno sheet. Pre run is bolt ons and previous tune then post run is cammed + 20 thou off the heads and re tune.

426Cuda

SUBLIME!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Redline Sedan - A6 Spitfire MSE...
They're both the same dyno sheets Foggsy.

'ssv'

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV MY9.5 M6 UTE
How do you read the progressive torque on that print out?

Have you raced your mate with the slightly bigger cam? Hows quicker in the real world?

Foggsy

Reaction score
Members Ride
2011 VE SS Sedan M6
We've had a bit of a go, pretty close but wasn't really ideal due to surrounding conditions. I think they would be pretty close overall in real world driving if we are talking straight line dragging. The cars go about their work in different ways. For example mine makes around 50ft pound more at 85kmph but the top end feel on his is totally different to mine.

Horses for courses, we both got what we wanted as we had different requirements.

'ssv'

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV MY9.5 M6 UTE
Would be good to have a proper drag. I think you'll pull away down low, then he'll catch you by late 2nd - 3rd gear.
Try tee up a proper race.