Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

250cc injectors in a VX commodore

Tezza Vx

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vx commodore 3.8
Hi can anyone help me with something I just brought 250cc injectors for my 2001 vx commodore I was wondering if I would have get a adjustable fuel regulator or not please help

2O4TS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT 9C1
I'm assuming V6.

Stock pressure at the fuel rail is 3.5 bar/50psi. If that's what your injectors are rated at, you're fine but if not, well then yes. Your fuel rail needs to be at the pressure recommended by the injector manufacturer. Refer to your documentation.

If the injector flow rate is different to stock you'll need to tune the engine to suit.

My guess is your injectors are 50psi injectors and probably larger than original (up from 220cc if my info is correct). Adjusting fuel pressure is a dirty, nasty way to attempt to tune. You'll need adjustments to your fuel tables to get it to run efficiently.

Changing injector size on an EFI car, tuning is a non negotiable.

krusing

Well-Known Member, Possibly for the wrong reasons
Reaction score
Members Ride
2002 VY L67 Calais Sedan, 2012 VE L77 Calais Wagon
This also depends if its a Stock 6, or a Super 6,
as the Super6 injectors are different again.
What every way you go,
its easier to get a full set to suit your engine, L36 or L67, then you know it should be all good for fuel supply,
Different injectors = different colour = different PSI = different engines.

Tezza Vx

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vx commodore 3.8
OK thank you the injectors that I brought are grey. But I will get more info from the seller but I know they are bosh grey injectors

_R_J_K_

Reaction score
Members Ride
Zenki S14
OK thank you the injectors that I brought are grey. But I will get more info from the seller but I know they are bosh grey injectors

Maybe a better question is why did you get bigger ones? The stock ones aren't a limitation even if you did get a tune and you're not going to gain anymore power using them.

Rule of thumb is to be wary of ebay injectors too.