Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

288 solid lifter cam question

boschvette

Reaction score
Members Ride
vk bathurst brock replica,corvette
I have bought a 288 solid lifter cam for my 330 stroked vp motor,it has currently got yella terra non adjustable roller rockers on it.
Do i need bigger adjustable rockers or will these do the job?
i am not sure what cam(it is currently hydralic) is in it at the moment but it makes about 200rwkw and revs to about 5600rpm.
cheers Paul

96SEN8R

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS and VS Senator 215i
You will deffinatly need a set of adjustable rockers for a 288 cam, you need adjustables for any solid cam so the valve lash can be set.

Cant he just use shims under the non adjustable rockers? Sure i know it will take a while to make adjustment, but should save a bit of cash.. Im probably wrong.. im kinda guessing..

dynoryder

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
vp executive wagon
nan need adjusters if you have adjusted them before you will know what i mean plus soild lifters
need adjusting evry 5000km

boschvette

Reaction score
Members Ride
vk bathurst brock replica,corvette
thanks fellas anything else that i need to know?
does anyone else run this cam and what do you rev it to? and are you happy with it?

vyjess

Reaction score
Members Ride
vy
yeah u will want sum decent valve springs!

ari666

250,000 hits
Reaction score
Members Ride
1966 impala, R32 GTR
he is gonna need more than valve springs... the head will have to be machined for doubles, adjustable rockers, you would want hardened pushrods for the increased side loading. 10-10:5 comp. wow, so zero decked, flat tops and a bit off the heads too for good measure

mind you, if it is making 200RWKW, then i guess it will have all that stuff already.

post your dyno sheet here; http://forums.justcommodores.com.au/dyno-figures/57797-dyno-sheets-6.html#post1311628