Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

2nd to 3rd gear jerk tiptronic mode

phatass

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS Commodore
hi there, im just wondering if its normal for the car to jerk when changing from 2nd to 3rd gear in acitve select mode. it seems to me that in low rpm range it changes fear smoothly but in high RPM u feel the car pull back for a split second and thats it. i know its not a big thing but has n e 1 had this b 4 and if so how to fix ? if u lift ur foot up b 4 u go into 3rd gear its fine but when u leave ur foot on it jerks.

thanks guys !

anthony !

Ronaldw

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE CALAIS DEC 2007
i GET JERKING BETWEEN GEARS QUITE OFTEN,THAT IS JUST THE WAY IT IS NOTHING TO WORRY ABOUT.

HSV085

Reaction score
Members Ride
16' VF2 Redline, 17' VF2 GTS
My A6 is tuned & it still does it ocasionally, it's just the nature of these boxes unfortunatly.

phatass

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS Commodore
oh ok thanks for that i fort there could be something wrong. by having said its tuned how did you get it tuned "y try" and what is involved ?

HSV085

Reaction score
Members Ride
The A6 boxes have their own "computer" so any tuner that has access to tuning software ie. HP tuners or Efi live etc...can tune the boxes when they tune the engine, it basically involves making the shift points alot better & more pridictable whilest eliminating the sloppiness that the factory A6 tune has.

phatass

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS Commodore
are all the tunes done on the standard ecu ? and my ss is standard but can it still be tunable ?

HSV085

Reaction score
Members Ride
Yep...your better of doing a maf or maffless tune which will include the A6 tune, the tuner's start from scratch with the tune then download them into the ecu.

phatass

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS Commodore
where can i get this done and for how much ? and why do u recommend me oding a maffless / maf tune ?

HSV085

Reaction score
Members Ride
Depends on which state your in, nsw i'd recommend Steve @ oztrack or Sonny @ marrano's or vic i'd recommend chev's performance centre-Auto technique-APS service centre. The cost of just the gearbox tune is going to be expensive so spending a little bit extra & getting your car maf or maffless tuned works out alot cheaper plus you get improved drivability & more power to boot. I paid roughly $1600 but i did a maffless tune on mine & it included a OTR, might work out cheaper if you doing a maf tune but speak to whoever will be doing the tune on your car as they can tailor a package to suit your needs.