Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

3.0" x force varex catback system. Too loud or will the adjustable features pass it?

Turtle2388

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV
Just in regards to the Bi-Modal.
This exhaust pipe design is non-adjustable and was submitted and approved by the ADR groups of the Australian Motor Vehicle Certification Board, Strategic Vehicle Safety and Environment Group and the Technical Liaison Group and are only approved for the HSV E2/E3 Vehicle and AMG variant.

Technically if fitting to another series vehicle (ie: E1 HSV or VE SS for example) it is a breach of ADR's to retrofit and should be submitted for testing, however it is a bit of a grey area and isn't regulated or enforced. (mostly due to the fact the amount of people fitting such a system are minimal and have negligible impact with environmental concerns.)

I think what Not An Abba Fan was meant to be saying is, you aren't allowed to manually adjust the noise level of an exhaust (rather than the note).

Regards,

PSI KING.

Well said! that was very informative :)

Sent from my GT-I9300T using Tapatalk 2

Not_An_Abba_Fan

Exhaust Guru
Reaction score
Members Ride
Strange Rover
As above, the Bi modal and the AMG exhausts are automatic, they adjust according to the flow, they don't require any manipulation from the driver (other than the right foot).

Those Apexi silencers are similar, they are automatic. Although I wouldn't fit one as they are still restrictive.