Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

3-2 Shift Solenoid

auc05l

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Berlina V6
Took it to holden, $49 to plug their computor in, told me what I knew code 82 1-2 gear shift solinoid fault. He said it was fine to drive for now, they need to pull the pan to diagnose further. I might drop the pan myself, swap some coils over and see if the fault changes. Is $28 + about $15-20 postage for a pan filter, gaket and filter seal reasonable for a VR tranny? Thanks for your help and interest.

garfa

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS
$49 for a dianosis! damn i got mine for free! you got ripped! go down to holden next time and just ask if they could quickly plug it in and have a look. they will probably do it for free. they dont mind.they also programmed my key for free!
before you pull the pan off just remember to know what your looking for exactly! gearboxes have pistons and stuff behind the solinoids that can shoot out and they are a pain to work on with out a hoist.
yeah that seems like an ok price. but if your going to buy a soliniod or anything (filter gasket) go to a trans place. i got a 3-2 solinoid for 80 instead of holdens which was around 130-150!!!

auc05l

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Berlina V6
Thanks garfa, muchly appriciated!

garfa

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS
anytime! pm if you need more help.

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR ute and VX wagon
Haynes is worse and i usualy like their manuals. They say don't touch the inside leave it for a professional. But there are a lot of Yankie posts on utube apparently they use the same boxes in their GMC trucks and they have found it a common fault and an easy fix! Sump off switch out easy!

BlackVXGTS

Reaction score
Members Ride
GEN-F2 GTS A6, VS Clubsport 185 A4
I think that after nine years the OP won't be interested in your post !!!