Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

3.3 12 port efi computer alternatives

mikeman101

Reaction score
Members Ride
vk
hi, i have got the full injection kit including manifold... the only thing i havnt got is the computer !!! can i maybe re-map the carby 3.3 computer ? or is there any straight bolt in after market replacements ? ... last question.... can i run a carby... through the injected manifold !! ?? THANKS mike

vkberlina

VK Madman
Reaction score
Website
www.members.westnet.com.au
Members Ride
VK EFI 5L, VK 134 Pack, LX8 Adventra, MF35 & MF50b
hi, i have got the full injection kit including manifold... the only thing i havnt got is the computer !!! can i maybe re-map the carby 3.3 computer ? or is there any straight bolt in after market replacements ? ... last question.... can i run a carby... through the injected manifold !! ?? THANKS mike

If your after a factory computer I should have one kicking around, they are an analog system and cannot be remapped.
You can setup with a bit of work a delco V6 computer on it or I have run a Haltec E6x on mine before.
Anything it possible in relation to the carbie but WTF for? stick to injection

Scott

mikeman101

Reaction score
Members Ride
vk
your right carby through that manifold is a stupid idea....i guess you are in aus ? ...hmm i will google the delco v6 injection , if that fails how much would you be after for the standard efi computer?

VK SL 3800

Reaction score
Members Ride
VK SL 5spd
The std bosch inj system is very old technology, you are far better going for a delco setup.

I have an uncle who has a delco v6 setup on his injected 202 in an FE Holden, I'm yet to see the car in person after all the work he has done but he told me it ran really well untuned and its got a stage 2 cam and a few other hot bits, before the engine had a real lumpy idle on the std computer.

Cheap6

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Exec
Kalmaker has quite a bit on using the Delco's in other than standard applications.

Delcohacking - there are a few posters on here active there also.

Have you found the Megasquirt site. There's a lot of basic info. on EFI in general on there in addition to using/constructing the Megasquirt.

If you have the factory EFI wiring harness and aren't going to modify the engine (much) the factory system is going to be the easiest way to do it. I haven't been to a wrecking yard for a few months but I'm pretty sure that I could walk into many of those in an Australian capital city and still find a computer for an injected 202. I'm sure some of them will post to NZ. Is it really that much harder to find one over there?

Whether you go Delco (+ what is needed to burn a MemCal to match) or an aftermarket computer you are going to have to spend time or pay someone to map it. Maybe you'll get someone to give you a map to suit your application but you'll still probably want to tweak it. You probably want some means of measuring the mixtures too. They're far from a straight bolt in. To me that is fun but if you just want to get the car running (well) then you may want to hold out for the Bosch computer.

mikeman101

Reaction score
Members Ride
vk
sounds like i will be going delco setup... as i have a supercharger in mind after i finish my mechanics training... thanks for the names/links !!!

markovr

Reaction score
Website
youtu.be
Members Ride
07vessv 94vr .04vz wgn,93vp wgn,82 vhV6 wgn 88 vn
Ive been through all this...we went from carby to vk efi...tried to get it to run right and weighed up the delco 808 upgrade for it but the camira distributor part of the upgrade to do it properly seemed a big job and still to be left after it all with the old six still and gearbox without a overdrive and the unleaded fuel/valve seat problem so we went to the v6 t700 upgrade and it worked well.