Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

3 inch crack in windscreen defect?

policehoon

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ EQUIPE
You say this like you're a cop. If so, why do trucks get let off the hook because of the apparent "cost" to replace their windscreen. Since when does cost to the operator offset the inferred safety hazard? Why is this courtesy not extended to other motorists?

Truck windscreens need replacement approximatley 10 times a year on average because they are always on the road and receive damage as a consequence.

Why are we more lienant on truck windscreens??Because the Vehicle Standards Regs so we have to be. We only defect the truck if the windscreen is outside the required regulations.

The same goes for all vehicles. We use the regs as a quide and defect as necessary.

Bitemylip

Reaction score
ok then , anyone know a cheap place to get a new screen fitted?

Where are u located??

I just got my 2002 mazda done after my dog head butted it!, in Brisbane, through Economy Windscreens for $240, including new mold. They also did my FJ40 landcruiser a year or so back for $170.

They came to me, and had it done in half and hour. Cant drive it for 2 hours though.