Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

300kms to 400kms to the tank is that right

mint

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE
+1. Apparently if the O2 sensor is faulty, the ECU will cause upto 40% more fuel to be consumed to avoid damage possibly caused by leaning out.

If it is doing that, you would easily be able to smell the excess fuel. It would probably backfire like crazy too.

Since he hasn't mentioned it, I'd look elsewhere.....

johnny_boi85

johnny_boi
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Executive S1 3.8L 98 and VE Omega S1 3.6L 07
wow that was alot of replys really fast thanks guys um I live vbin nowra in the south coast so theres sum highway driving and a small cbd that im in everyday I just had it serviced and it isnt due for another untill 105,000km ive been pritty light on the pedel ive just been used the normal unleaded I just thought if I can get 600km out of a tank in my vt I should get at least the same out of this even no its a 3.6 pushin a little more weight

Rufys

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series II Calais Sportwagon
and check your wheel alignment...

Phantom6 SportWagon

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 MY10 SIDI Sportwagon
I have a Sv6 sidi and do a mixture of highway 80kmph driving and 60kmph town driving and my fuel light has just come on at 780kms travelled at 8.9l per 100kms. Id say something is not right with your car at all!!

Advanced_Amatuer

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS 2010
To the OP.
Commas and full stops would be appreciated.

johnny_boi85

johnny_boi
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Executive S1 3.8L 98 and VE Omega S1 3.6L 07
sorry bud im pretty bad at writing. Phantom6 I do the same driving as you 50k and 80k zones and drive about 3ks to work everyday. Mines not sidi but I think I should get 600ks out of my tank I might drop past holden tomoz I cant find anything about a common problem online beside what yous have writin and if a v8 can get more to the tank i must have a problem

Robbo_c

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Calais II,2007 Calais V
Something not quite right there, im getting 13.8l per 100km out of the V8 just normal driving.

RIP 05

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SSZ sedan
I can get as low as 10.9L with my VS Grange, that VE has some problems

stirringaxe

Reaction score
Members Ride
Johnny_boi, those figures are bad if you drive as described. I have really improved my 70K 3.6 Alloytec consumption by doing the following...... maybe you could try some of these steps.

1) Reset the fuel measurement system (don't know how, but had it done on mine)
2) Tyre Pressures increased from 36 to 40 psi (20" tyres)
3) Wheel alignment
4) Replaced air cleaner element with new holden one & then went for a K & N panel
5) Changed to 98 RON BP Ultimate Fuel
6) Cleaned throttle body

Even at this point I still had fuel consumption of 14.9 l/100km while driving like a grandad around town & a really poor throttle response. If I accelerated I would get little or no response at first, then with a tiny bit more throttle the thing was way too fired up & resulted in it being impossible to drive smoothly.

7) So then I replaced the old Bosch spark plugs with NGK LTR6A-11 or LTR6AP-11. I am pretty sure it was the first number although the AP-11's are listed also for the Alloytech V6

Well to the results.... Much smoother idle - Can't believe the smooth throttle response - Car is sooooo much nicer to drive - and the clincher for me was the 14.9 figure dropped immediately to 13.2 within the first 33kms of my first tank of gas with an average speed of 31.2 kph.

The range figure on the dash has never read over 510 kms, when driving around town, ever since I've had it but now reads 650 kms.

Finally a decent result & although the plugs have only been in for a few days things look promising.

The downside to changing plugs is the need to remove the intake manifold or part thereof (upper) I think. I was going to do this myself but thought better of it. So it was quite a costly excercise. My VE being an 06 Series 1 car, meant I had to replace the shitty paper manifold gaskets with the aliminium ones @ $130. Add the cost of spark plugs plus I paid $60 labour to have the job done. Hopefully it will pay for itself over time.

Hope this helps

RIP 05

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SSZ sedan
Should have got a maniflold insulator from MACE for $150.