Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

304 vr satesman

EYY

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Statesman
Remove the engine and check the cam, pickup, bearings and pump.

Atf is the only thing I’ll use to ‘flush’ an engine like that. You need something to act as a high pressure lubricant which diesel or kerosene won’t do.

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
I meant kero. I was going all in / double down / all or nothing. He could play a little safer and use diesel. Or he could play his highest card and hope not to over-do it.
Wow, I have never seen nor heard of running straight kero. I have seen a mech put a small amount like 300mls to 4L of oil in an engine that had a blown HG and needed to flush out the coolant sludge. This was some years ago. BTW I have never put diesel in an engine, only heard it can be done, hence why I thought maybe I threw you with the cleaning down of the heads with kero while the sump was off. I have heard of putting a litre or two of Dex in with clean engine oil to try and clean it out. Didn't know it could be put on straight Dex as EYY suggested.

Vin999

Reaction score
Members Ride
VSedanS
The service history of the car is poor
What can I do ?
Old VR 304 from 1994 with god knows how many kms its done ???

Wear eats oil pressure no matter what snake oil remedy people suggest or how many prayers you have for kero/diesel as a miracle. Time swamps that scenario working.

Rebuild new is the cure, especially for worn engine components/bearing clearances

woteva

NEED 4 SPEED
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE2 Sportwagon - VR2 V6 ecotec Wag - VS2 V6 Wag
Old VR 304 from 1994 with god knows how many kms its done ???

Can't you read ?

OP says it has 250,000kms, so it is only just run in. As service history is not good, its gonna be engine out, clean and check.

Vin999

Reaction score
Members Ride
VSedanS
I think the car only has 250xxxx
Can't you read ?

OP says it has 250,000kms,

Seems you cant read woteva :)

OP says "thinks" not "says" as you just posted/say, so perhaps you should revisit what you saw and interpret post properly before commenting on people's ability to read whats in front of them unlike yourself.

woteva

NEED 4 SPEED
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE2 Sportwagon - VR2 V6 ecotec Wag - VS2 V6 Wag
Seems you cant read woteva :)

OP says "thinks" not "says" as you just posted/say, so perhaps you should revisit what you saw and interpret post properly before commenting on people's ability to read whats in front of them unlike yourself.
Do you need the exact odometer reading ? Does the OP need to get this before you pass judgement ?
He thinks 250,000 would be closer to your God knows how many kms.