Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

340 headers on S1 SSVR

Milo 6.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
2013 vf ssv wagon/2009 fg xr6t(daily
When I fitted the ve hsv extractors to my vf wagon I found it revved out easier(not surprisingly) but the bigger improvement was the aftermarket mufflers which flow a lot better than the super restrictive reverse flow/chambered stock rear mufflers,now I have removed the stock 2.25 centre section I see the flex joints at the rear are the biggest bottle neck in the centre section,40mm is what they choke it down to.

VXCALS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Redline Series 1 Sportswagon
have done 340 headers with hi flo cats with 2.5in hsv mid section and s2 bimodals on mine, too me it sounds good, not as much drone now once the afm comes on, will get it all tuned shortly
will see if I can post a video

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
Regal Peackock VF SS-V Redline Wagoon
One, or a pair?
Wait a sec … I think you've just solved the awful exhaust noise our SSVR's been making since I DIY'd the exhaust manifold replacement!!

Defected

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Redline S1 Wagon
So had the headers fitted Monday just gone, definitely feel a bit more pull through the mid rev range, a bit more mechanical noise inside the car as well.
Rear mufflers aren't doing it any justice now, gen f hsv rears. I know some of the vf2 mufflers have flared flanges, but do any off the shelf mufflers have them?

Milo 6.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
2013 vf ssv wagon/2009 fg xr6t(daily
All the aftermarket mufflers have the 2 bolt flange,ive never seen ball flange ones.

Reaction score
Members Ride
vl v8 commodore
So had the headers fitted Monday just gone, definitely feel a bit more pull through the mid rev range, a bit more mechanical noise inside the car as well.
Rear mufflers aren't doing it any justice now, gen f hsv rears. I know some of the vf2 mufflers have flared flanges, but do any off the shelf mufflers have them?
just pick up some my16-17 ss bimodal mufflers, they have the flared ends to bolt up to the hsv2.5 mid section and with bimodal open work as a straight through muffler and are a cheap and loud while free flowing, a good inexpensive mod for a my2014

Defected

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Redline S1 Wagon
Trying to find them is harder than finding the 340 headers :(
Might see what other options I have

Mattricho

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV my15
Send a email off to planet parts that’s where I got mine from and there really helpful or you could try wreckers in your area.

Mattricho

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV my15
This is the set up I have there is some videos I posted on here somewhere.
It’s a pretty good set up.