Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

355 opinions

billyj

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs exec
well just hit a nice brick wall. after a good chat with flowcraft and being advised that sticking to the holden rod was the best way to go we discover that theres no longer any pistons avalible to suit a 355 with holden rod, so its either forgies or accept that the balance job will need mallory metal

Deuce

Super Stock
Reaction score
Members Ride
'94 VR SS V8
Could you not find a cast piston and remove a little metal from the underside to make weight?
(I'm not a machinist or builder so could be wrong, just asking the question)

billyj

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs exec
im guessing not. currently hunting ebay etc trying to find a set of pistons to avoid stretching the budget

Ian Johnston

Reaction score
Members Ride
2015 Subaru Forester, XR6 turbo ute.
Referring to the 70mm body, we did a dyno run with and without the 70, and all gains were up at the higher end of the revs, not where most use it. I still have the 70mm here, didnt bother leaving it on.

Ashtray83

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS HSV Senator
Are you looking at getting rid of the 70mm throttle?

Referring to the 70mm body, we did a dyno run with and without the 70, and all gains were up at the higher end of the revs, not where most use it. I still have the 70mm here, didnt bother leaving it on.

mr j-man

Reaction score
Members Ride
VH SL/E 355
I may have missed something along the line....but did you say you cant find a piston to suit a holden rod??

try precision international for your pistion as they sell stroker kits with holden rods and slugs

billyj

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs exec
tried precision mate, the 1.490 hypatec piston to suit holden rods with 3.48 stroke isnt avalible atm.

looks like were gonna go with scat 5.7" holden journal rods and 383 chev pistons. just gettting the last for the budget together and hopefully start the build in a couple of weeks

mr j-man

Reaction score
Members Ride
VH SL/E 355
precision sell CP Carillo Pistons to suit, I got the forged ones at a good price

What brand are the 383 piston?
Scat I beam Rod?