Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

355 rear mounted turbo

Matt_vp

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
vy lumina v6 A4
There is no way it will work because one will working against the other.. Far enough he may have a supercharger on the motor but as soon as the turbos start to work the supercharger will be letting it down because it wont be letting in enough air flow..They will be working against each other.. If it is so good why doesnt every 5th car have one now like every second car has a turbo..

Instead of wasting money and time why not spend the money and time on a N/A and have a quicker and more reliable car without all the crap hanging off everywhere..

:blah blah::blah blah::blah blah:
Mate do some research, its a positive displacement supercharger, it will compress whatever is thrown at it. Do you know what that is? LOL at the N/A comment. Just LOL. Its cheaper to get a boosted car to go fast. It also takes alot less work.
Matt

Last edited:

neet_wagon

Reaction score
Members Ride
2004 XR6T & 1990 VN dragcar project
^^^ told!

It should be simple to set-up, turbo flanged to wherever, scavange pump for the oil system, screamer pipe out the arse of the turbo. done.

eaton v8

my little sleeper
Reaction score
Members Ride
vz 6l auto 239cam 3.9diff
Ahhh yes the meth works well now. But this time you are compressing the air/making it hot, then meth so it cools again, then compressing again/making it hot again. So is the meth going to cool it enough? or will it only cool it to approx ambient temp before going into the blower?
Since you are compressing already compressed air, the amount of heat generated by compressing the air through the blower will be significantly higher than what the blower was making before you put the turbo on.
Matt

i see where you are coming from but the heat problems that ive had are due to that pully we made up that is 5mm smaller that it should be. before that it was fine and there was no problems and no meth. so with a slightly bigger pull it will create a lot less heat since its not turning so hard and with the turbo only having to make a tiny bit of boost and being at the rear the heat will be less than if it was at the front and matt worst comes to worst ill just get another nozzel for the meth:idea3:lol and wind more fuel out of the injectors lol

Matt_vp

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
vy lumina v6 A4
i see where you are coming from but the heat problems that ive had are due to that pully we made up that is 5mm smaller that it should be. before that it was fine and there was no problems and no meth. so with a slightly bigger pull it will create a lot less heat since its not turning so hard and with the turbo only having to make a tiny bit of boost and being at the rear the heat will be less than if it was at the front and matt worst comes to worst ill just get another nozzel for the meth:idea3:lol and wind more fuel out of the injectors lol

Yeah fair enough, good to see you had already thought of that. Good luck with it.
Matt

eaton v8

my little sleeper
Reaction score
Members Ride
vz 6l auto 239cam 3.9diff
a slim barrel cooler under the guard. like a water to air job would work whats the price of them now days

Fun_Bucket

Reaction score
Members Ride
Cruze II sri
i just watched the video link for the red Cubsport.I'm a bit confused, is the Clubsport the one with the turbo? if so, what the heck was under the bonnet of the VN/VP that was being used as the photography car!!!

Matt_vp

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
vy lumina v6 A4
i just watched the video link for the red Cubsport.I'm a bit confused, is the Clubsport the one with the turbo? if so, what the heck was under the bonnet of the VN/VP that was being used as the photography car!!!

I think the Vp is LowVp's turbo V6 ute. Turbo V6 FTW.
Matt

DVOLVO

Reaction score
Members Ride
VU SS UTE / 5 Litre Volvo /Trusty Swift
:blah blah::blah blah::blah blah:
Mate do some research, its a positive displacement supercharger, it will compress whatever is thrown at it. Do you know what that is? LOL at the N/A comment. Just LOL. Its cheaper to get a boosted car to go fast. It also takes alot less work.
Matt
Again I will say if its so good why isnt it done to more cars its crap build a real horse power car.. Why dont top fuelers , Door slammer, Super street etc use this set up..
Because its crap and anyone who puts a rice cooker on a stock motor is the same..

Build something with real horse power then you have the right to brag at 1/4 mile times..
Not something that takes 10sec to leave the line..

Pos

BOOYAHHH
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Ute 5Lt
Hey guys, just my 2 bits worth. I saw the the vh in SC your talking about & it looks a neat way of doing it. For the oil system would it be easier to have a remote tank & pump dedicated to the turbo, say dry sump tank mounted under the floor panel in the ute. That way your not running hot oil the length of the car. You wouldn't want to have too big an exhaust housing on the turbo because you'll be losing alot of exhaust pressure by the time it gets down the back & you'll want to buy in bulk exhaust wrap to keep the heatin along the length of the system, because that's what keeps the gas pressure up is the heat. As far as intercooling goes if you ran ally or stainless pipe for the intake the lengh of the underbody that should cool it enough & I wouldn't go big diameter either, I think 2" should be plenty big enough. That's my thoughts on it & just thinking of if was doing it that'd be the way I'd go about it. Feel free to disagree & point out better ways. Cheers Pos

Matt_vp

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
vy lumina v6 A4
Again I will say if its so good why isnt it done to more cars its crap build a real horse power car.. Why dont top fuelers , Door slammer, Super street etc use this set up..
Because its crap and anyone who puts a rice cooker on a stock motor is the same..

Build something with real horse power then you have the right to brag at 1/4 mile times..
Not something that takes 10sec to leave the line..

Mate my V6 goes faster down the 1/4 than both your v8s. What where your 60ft times for your runs? looks like it might be closer to 10sec
LOL Stock internal v6 in a wagon and it goes faster.

Super street, top fuelers and doorslammers do use forced induction as far as i know.
This is a street car and he wants something different. Same as what kind of an idiot would buy a volvo with the 253 in it.
You really do have no idea what you are talking about do you?
Matt

Last edited: