Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

400 kw vy ss

VYSS_Black

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS
I have a stock standard VY SS and am wondering how much money will i have to spend, and what modifications will i need to do in order to get roughly 400 KW out of my motor.

Reason i ask is that i recently rode in a mate of a mates R32 skyline from the early 90's. Says he had spent over $20,000 worth of modifications to his 6-cyl motor and it was dyno'd at 400Kw. I had been skeptical for a long time so finally gave it a go and man, all i can say is it made my head spin. Went from about 20kmh to 150 in a matter of 3-4 seconds. Power of a super car right there.

Anyway, theres really nowhere on the roads that would be practical to use that kind of power, i am more asking just for curiosity sake. What would i have to do to get my LS1 to output such power.. i mean if a 6cyl nisssan from 91' can do it, im sure mine can.

Last edited:

89vn_Jai

Reaction score
Members Ride
89 VN Exectutive
Can't really answer your question sorry, just a correction. An r32 skyline is a straight six not a 4 cyl (unless for some strange reason it has been converted to a 4)

Big-Al

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS 5.7 M6
well you'll need a supercharger, forged pistons, over sized moly push rods, some sort of cam, double row timing chain, valve spring upgrade, a decent diff center such as a kaaz or a harrop trutrac, decent tyres, probably better shockers, a RIP shifter, do I keep going?
You'll be spending more than $20,000 just to be able to say my pecker is bigger than yours to your rice burner mate. but hey, it's theoretically do able and you could even get 500kws if you wanted to spend more pretend money :)

Ghost

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
Vs Commodore berlina Sedan 1996
Youll also need a bigger fuel tank because its gonna suck the fuel faster than a Hoover vacuum cleaner you want him to chase you replace the shell with carbon fibre he dont catch you then

VYSS_Black

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS
You'll be spending more than $20,000

So your telling me that a basic 6cyl skyline can push 400KW with under $20,000 worth of mods, but the LS1 will require a hell of alot more of money just to achieve the same power? Thats a poor effort from the Chev motor there i must say.

And im not really going to do something like this, seeing as Ive never modded my car with any performance mods, i just asked out of curiosity, as i stated.

VYSS_Black

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS
Can't really answer your question sorry, just a correction. An r32 skyline is a straight six not a 4 cyl (unless for some strange reason it has been converted to a 4)

Sorry, it was a 6. don't know much about those skylines..

tanner892

Reaction score
Members Ride
07 VE SSV M6
I think the key here is that you said he spent over 20 grand, obviously he is just ramming boost down its guts, and yes you can have 400kw, supercharger would be the cheapest option id think, you wouldnt need to spend 20 grand

DLFHUB666

GIT 'EERRR DONE!!!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX SS, PX Ford Ranger XLS Dual cab
mate your ls1 could run 1000rwkw. it's all about the
stock-photo-australian-money-22570888.jpg

vncruzr

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY LS1
jump on capa web site for starters then get on the phone to a few others mate....