Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

46.5 litres 360 km

CSL

Reaction score
Members Ride
missus (in more ways than one)
thats real good last time i totalsed mine up it was 15.5 l/100k's
but i like to rev the thing to 5g's when in first

mouce

Physics Geek
Reaction score
Members Ride
VN V6 Series 1 Executive Sedan
LOL...running out to 5000rpm will use a bit more fuel than shifting between 2000 and 2500rpm.

As I said, I can blow it out to be 15L/100km, but that takes a heavy right foot. Even for a 17 year old V6 the fuel consumption can get really low.

Full Spectrum

Bro it's a VW your Audi!
Reaction score
Website
www.news.com.au
Members Ride
Berlina V6
You only stick 46.5 litres in it? Is there something wrong with your tank?

My average now is 66-70 litres getting me last 3 tanks.. 455km-478km-430km, 1st tank 80% local 20% freeway, 2nd tank 75% local 25% Freeway, 3rd 95% Local 5% freeway. I'm still pretty happy with it. I don't drive miss Daisy:D

Morton

For external use only
Reaction score
Members Ride
Fairstar the Funship
My VP gets about 13/100 around town. I'm hoping that'll get a little better with a redback exhaust when I get one :) Having the tyres around 37psi helps too... gets a little too exciting in the wet though, seeing the rears have minimal tread left. (I bought it like that, I swear!)

jNINE

Reaction score
Website
forums.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
I have a 'couple'
12-13km/100L is good! Mine averages about 16L/100km normal around town driving. It is a 'bit' modified though.. but was never that great to begin with.

nopatcla

Reaction score
Members Ride
vn executive wagon
definitely run PULP in your cars, run smoother burn cleaner and economy is better, here in the sticks (Bendigo) at the local Apco, unleaded is $1.39, while PULP is $1.43, which is a dif of about 3 % , while the economy is at least 5 % better.

commy92

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP WAGON V6
well my vp wagon is about to run out oof fuel and ive done 380 ish.. Havent done much hiighway driving and ive been driving it pritty hard the last 200kms. Although actually i did do about 100kms highway driving

mongoose3800

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN S1
Unless you have a re-mapped ECU, running PULP will do nothing to the fuel economy or power of a VN. I have tried pulp several times and not seen any improvement in fuel economy. The stock ECU that comes with a VN does not advance it's timing enough to take advantage. In fact, in theory running PULP will offer worse results. The holden manual that came with car even states that running the car on higher octane fuel will not reap any benifits.

mouce

Physics Geek
Reaction score
Members Ride
VN V6 Series 1 Executive Sedan
Sorry Mongoose, but pulp will make a difference to MOST stock cars fuel figures. You can go with what the manual says, or you can go with what I, and many other people, have found.

Of course not all people will find that it offers improved economy, but most people I know of who have tried PULP for more than one tank, have found a decrease in fuel usage.

coolvxss

Reaction score
Members Ride
5sp VN Executive1988, VX SS 6sp
SlickHolden said:
You only stick 46.5 litres in it? Is there something wrong with your tank?

I only stuck 46.5 litres in because i still had over 1/4 tank petrol left. I heard that the fuel prices were going up so i filled her up. And the next day petrol went up 10c a litre haha.

I ussaly stick the medium petrol in if that makes sense. I think its 95 octane. Sometimes put in 98 if im feeling rich or going for a long drive to the coast. I get my fuel at caltax most of the time because its just down the road. What do other people think about caltex???