Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

[General] 4L60E tear down guide

seq4x4

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS
So today were looking at the Sonnax small pinless accumulator. The stock one is plastic. Smart move to put in a heat box like a transmission. It also has a pin. Once again itll wear the bore. The Sonnax one is alloy i think and also has 2 seals. Its also pinless. It also comes with 2 ball bearings you have to jam in and block the pin hole and another. To do this i placed them in there and used the pin from the old piston and used that with a hammer to force them in. So heres the photos:
549725_424438604274893_1543293065_n.jpg

602528_424438660941554_1022432825_n.jpg

hako

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS11 BT1 V6
So much for the 'stronger' sunshell the rebuilders fitted - lasted about 100,000km which the original lasted 170,000km. The torque converter was reconditioned at the same time (exchange). I'd doubt there is any crap in the TQ as I only ran the car a few hundred metres before it was shut done - car still had all gears except reverse. You've done well Jess.
Regards

The1

A Memcal a Day Keeps..
Reaction score
Website
www.eyeit.org
Members Ride
VS V6 Berlina Auto
it was probably more like they didn't change the sungear with it, so it just ate the second one out.

wolfydan

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
vx commodore
awesome how to i will be trying this soon on a secondhand box im buyingso keep up the great work:)

BuckeTs

Carngizusakiss
Reaction score
Members Ride
vs wagon
Keep up the good work! Rep given for great info. What are you gonna be using the trans for? Drags or you just wanted a bulletproof street trans? Only way I'd have attempted this is if I had my old man looking over my shoulder. ( he used to work at SA street n strip trans)

The1

A Memcal a Day Keeps..
Reaction score
Website
www.eyeit.org
Members Ride
VS V6 Berlina Auto
Iv had to drop some parts of at a transmission shop today again to get some seals put in. Assembly and a complete rebuild require special tools. The1 managed to find a full set of tools at a good price.

This is what i picked up cheap, various bushing tools machined for the right sizes by the trans guy and oring tools and then the spring compressor, it's made by KD tools, part 2398, if you keep an eye out you can get them for $100 or so.

file.php

tezaus

Reaction score
Members Ride
toyota hilux with ecotec v6
Just seeing if theres anyone on the northen beaches in Sydney might be willing to help with a rebuild as its will be my first and its my daily drive so kinda cant afford to stuff it up been quoted 1500 for stage 2 kit fitted and rear main seal replaced feel as though its a little steep