Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

50 Years of Bathurst

Drawnnite

Obviously Unsensible
Reaction score
Members Ride
2000 Vs Ute
i didnt see any blurring, or ad breaks?

oh yeah, i was there =P

Hangman

Aspiring Sociopath
Reaction score
Members Ride
WK Land Yacht
I agree. Although you have plain packaging over there now so it's in line. Was loving the vodafone commodore painted to match the old malboro cars though

In line with it would be censoring current tobacco sponsorship, which is banned anyway. Blurring it on the old footage of races from back in the day? Nanny state much?

rb26dett

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT SS S2 A4
Blurring the tobacco signage out is a ####ing joke.

I'm also not a fan of the fact that the 150 odd XU-1's that were at Bathurst for XU-1's on the mountain didn't get to do any parade laps. It's the 40th anniversary of both Brocky's first win and a Torana's first win, what better time than that? The yank cars going round were irrelevent.

Good call by whoever made that decision...

Perhaps they couldnt find one that would have made the entire lap around the mountain. :rofl2:

Jesterarts

Your freedom ends where mine begins
Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 Nissan X-Trail ST-L
Was a great race. Rather un eventful over all but the first time I was able to watch the whole thing start till end.

The battle between Whincup and the other bloke was sensational. Just watching the behaviour of the cars under that intense pressure was amazing to watch.

And Lowndes' effort. Bloody hell that blokes has talent. I was out of my seat when he took 3rd.

Holden win and Lowndes on the podium, great result in my books!

Next year will be interesting with 4 manufacturers battling. Purists will probably be upset but I think it will make the sport more watchable and pull more demographic.

Jonah 101

Undefined
Reaction score
Members Ride
R32 Skyline
Getting tired of the facebook updates. "Next year will be MEANNNNNNNNNNNNN!! cant wait for nissan to kick Ford and Holdens ass!!!". Pfff half of them dont even watch bathurst and they certainly dont understand the rules. Many of them dont even know that the Nissan Skyline wont be racing.

Cant wait for Holden to crush Nissan next year haha.

Jesterarts

Your freedom ends where mine begins
Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 Nissan X-Trail ST-L
Yeah... I don't see next year as being a year of Holden/Ford being ass kicked by Nissan OR Merc as they will be learning a lot in terms of how their cars perform.

Tell you one thing though... cannot WAIT to see the Merc supercar though... Very excited about that. :)

Dr HaxZaw

Reaction score
Members Ride
R34 GT-T
it will be interesting to see which drivers adapt to the new car setup best... might help courtney having more of a gt background but i reckon the top drivers will still be up there

Jonah 101

Undefined
Reaction score
Members Ride
R32 Skyline
Man, I was just thinking. I people cant stand Holden/Ford fans. Wait till they meet Nissan fans. It will be Bourbon and burnouts galore lol